• Show
Clear All

• Survival Kit + M6 .410 + .22 over under

YouTube - Bug Out Bag Rifle 1 Molle Version

A good concept.

"Really", explain, please.
    Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

If you watch the video, it's pretty self-explanatory. Some guy has pimped his rifle up and is showing it off, though I wonder at the effectiveness and how comfortable it is shooting the gun with all those mods.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

lol, in car world ppl like that called ricers
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

pretty much over the top IMO, he has like 1000 rounds of ammo with it too.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Definately C- for the TP, borderline F IMO. ................
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

LOL, dual skinning knives!

Comment

The execution is faulty but I would retain some elements from it. Probably attach my personal survival kit (which I can use) and the RSK MK5. Ammunition stores are overkill and probably affect how the weapon handles...

Comment

Sorry, but its a POS Rube Goldberg machine. and btw, that is NOT paracord!

I like what you put up there Tony! saved me the trouble.;)

Comment

I think i'd stick with my AR carbine in an emergency situation.

Comment

It's the "polished turd syndrome" through and through, underpowered with a shitty trigger set up and he's put way to much junk on there, fall in a river and he looses his M6 he's lost half of his equipment, that's if his "doomsday rucksack" hasn't drowned him. Got to admit though, at least he has given it some thought, experience is the next thing he needs to complete his arsenal. When I go stealth camping I have a daysack with essentials in there, not luxury items, and I try not to duplicate what I'm carrying, so I look for multitasking pieces of equipment that have several roles to play. I'm always amazed at what some people see as necessities in their BOB's.

My priorities tend to be:-

Fire & shelter
                      lighter & poncho with pegs and para-cord. Goretex bivouac bag, GI poncho liner.

Water

GI Canteen with cup and cooker stand, esbit, water purification tablets.
                      Knife
                      I have loads of these, and take what I feel I'll need ;)
                      Food
                      1 KG bag of rice and a pack of chicken soup/broth mix to give it flavouring.

Okay they are just the basics, flashlight and TP are in there to, but a dotleaf never harmed me, and the light off my fire can suffice my lighting needs at night, if I need to use a dotleaf. As for tinder etc "Birch bark in abundance out there, don't need any zooma tinder.

As to weapons in a WROL/SHTF I'd be as down to earth in there selection as I have been with my other equipment choices

Oh the M6 in the video needs an Ipod with a ballistic calculator app :whome:.

Tony

Comment

^ Absolutely good kit.

What I have (I live in the sub tropics where it never gets below 50 fahreinheit and if I have to bug out it will be using my cyclocross bike) I made this stuff for pretty cheap. Plan would be to hit the mountainous rain forest area about 20 mins away bike. (which I am doing a 100 mile trail run on this weekend so yippee!) Emphasis is highly on mobility for me.
                        In a stuff sack backpack inside the pockets of a BDU:

In addition to my Doug Ritter survival tin (a last ditch item) I have

Fire and Shelter
                        Wadded up dupont tyvek about 10x10 ft

My BDU's should provide adequate heat.

A spool of about 100ft of paracord

Magnesium fire bar and a lighter. (lighter is easy to use) Some charcloth.

Water
                        Two one piece aluminum bottles that are normally wrapped in socks to deaden the sound. (can't have too many pairs of dry socks!)
                        Aquapur tablets

Knife
                        Wegner Ranger 58. Fantastic saw, awl, locking 4 inch blade, and guthook. I don't see the need for anything bigger but if not I have a SOGFARI machete...

Food
                        An MRE

When it comes to firearms I would probably take my scoped FN made Browning SA-22. Ghost rings in case scope breaks. Or a high standard military.

If anything more substantial is needed I'd take a Mosin Nagant with some pseudo scout features.

Comment

for a survival gun, I would take my Ruger 10-22, with a couple full 10 rd clips and a couple 50 round boxes of good LR ammo, perhaps one of the heavy 60 grain subsonics and one of normal 36 grain winchester CJHP's. Thinking of small game hunting for food as primary use, secondary SD use. Small .22 jennings auto pistol concealed in ankle holster.

Other things:
                          Frame pack and fanny pack. A Gerber 4" folding blade, plus a small backpack tent, lightweight sleeping bag, ~3 # dehydrated camping food, 3 quart aluminum water bottles-full, mess kit, water purifier tablets, compass, signal mirror/magnifier, magnesium fire starter, lighters, first aid kit, string saw, ~25' of light strong cord, combo crank flashlight and radio, Leatherman tool, fishing tackle. Silk long underwear and socks - layered quick dry clothing, hiking boots, aqua-sock type shoes. A package of cinnamon sticks for chewing on.
                          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 14 Jan 11,, 04:54.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I figured if you were carrying that survival rifle it was because you were short on space or weight. In something that compact I would include poncho, survival blanket, collapsible canteen w purification tabs, firestick, highstrength cord, knife and wire saw for a start.
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I prefer a folding saw, but a pair of secateurs (small garden s****), they'll cut twigs and small branches (for my cooker stand or hobbo stove), and bone if you take a (small €pean roe type) deer, and yes I have done roe deer rib cages and legs with mine. Now for mule deer or cattle I'd be wanting a chainsaw The web is full of experienced people, that all have a different take on their needs come the end of our civilisation. From a few other sources I have learned that the "FEMA" will be policing up all the survivors, refugees and putting them into them expensive "FEMA Camp's", guess you won't be needing much stuff with central catering taking care of your meals, and as they have their own army, sorry I meant security to protect (guard) you, you wont need any weapons so they'll be taken off you during induction as will anything else that they deem unnecessary for your incarceration, sorry I meant stay in their facility;). I hope my take on this is all wrong, but who knows, and I'll know when the German Government gets scared as they'll start revoking peoples gun licences and collecting them by force if need be, if they have time to do so that is. Oh and the internet will be taken down.....

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X