Army life and death in Vietnam and the generation left at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army life and death in Vietnam and the generation left at home

There is a great article at militaryhistoryofthe20thcentury.blogspot.com/ written by the Secretary of the Navy-Senator James Webb about what life was like in Vietnam and for those who grew up at home during the war. This article is one of the best I ever read about those times and issues. Well worth the time to read this.

Originally posted by tommy50 View Post
    There is a great article at militaryhistoryofthe20thcentury.blogspot.com/ written by the Secretary of the Navy-Senator James Webb about what life was like in Vietnam and for those who grew up at home during the war. This article is one of the best I ever read about those times and issues. Well worth the time to read this.
    Tommy,

You might want to learn how to use the link function here. Just hit the appropriate icon.

Military History Of the 20th Century
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Nice read, TY. I doubt the U.S. will ever face a schism as large as that created by Vietnam, and as a nation will carry the guilt of treating returning troops poorly.

90% of the guys greeting returning troops at the airport these days that aren't family, are VFW VN veterans.

Comment

I remain concerned for the issues faced by soldiers presently serving or recently discharged. There are serious issues wrought by war and there are serious issues some bring to the uniform masked by the needs of the service and country. Perhaps this is one such case-

Several Warning Signs And Then A Soldier's Lonely Death-NYT Jan. 2, 2011

There were plenty of warning signs seemingly ignored. These men and women need all the love, concern and care our nation can muster and I can't somehow but sense we're not fully snapped in.
        Last edited by S2; 02 Jan 11,, 15:11.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
        X