Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cr9527 View Post
    Permission denied...
    Sorry about that. It wouldn't let me post the actual pics from my phone. Zinja is correct.
    No One Kicks A$! Without Tanker Gas

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
      If this is for real i can only say wow! That would be a shocker to most, a rabit out of a hat. I wonder if western intel knew about this. I can't imagine McCain agreeing to the cancellation of the F-22 last year if the US was aware of this advent.
      What was the last thing John McCain did to actually help the US military besides try to get bigger payraises?

Comment

Here are the 2 photos from the link in post 13.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yet another pic from Alert5.com. Its hard to tell, but it looks a little bit like there is a canard foreplane deflected upwards. Then again maybe it is a shadow of the opened cockpit. Intakes looks square to me. Vertical tails looks a lot like the PAK-FAs is relative size and spacing. Hopefully we get a clearer picture soon.
          Attached Files

Comment

If this is for real i can only say wow! That would be a shocker to most, a rabit out of a hat. I wonder if western intel knew about this. I can't imagine McCain agreeing to the cancellation of the F-22 last year if the US was aware of this advent.
            The lead US has over rest of the world's airpower (even the next top 3-4 military powers combined) is too huge to be disturbed by the PAK-FA's & J-20's.

I think if that plane was on the runway, there is a good chance someone from space must have been recording...

Comment

How stable and stealthy is the vertical tail setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix10 View Post
                Yet another pic from Alert5.com. Its hard to tell, but it looks a little bit like there is a canard foreplane deflected upwards. Then again maybe it is a shadow of the opened cockpit. Intakes looks square to me. Vertical tails looks a lot like the PAK-FAs is relative size and spacing. Hopefully we get a clearer picture soon.
                This plane looks enormous Are they going for long range strike?

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                  The lead US has over rest of the world's airpower (even the next top 3-4 military powers combined) is too huge to be disturbed by the PAK-FA's & J-20's.
                  I hope US military planners are not as complacent as your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                    This plane looks enormous Are they going for long range strike?
                    That is what i thought as well. I concluded that the image is stretched longitudinally.

I wonder if it has S duct intakes. Since the Saturn 117 is for a traditional intake, wouldn't an S duct require a completely new engine?

Comment

Some artist impression, ...... for what its worth.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I hope US military planners are not as complacent as your statement.
                        It seems they are.....

Not to say they should not invest into the 6th generation planes, or UCAVs and UAVs, or New missiles of all types, etc. etc., that is what has provided them with the lead.

However right now the lead they have seems very huge...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix10 View Post
                          Yet another pic from Alert5.com. Its hard to tell, but it looks a little bit like there is a canard foreplane deflected upwards. Then again maybe it is a shadow of the opened cockpit.
                          The artist's impression seems to have some canard of somewhat on the side of the intake. Again, this is just someone's opinion, its not the gospel yet.

Highsea, where on earth are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                            It seems they are.....
                            However right now the lead they have seems very huge...
                            They have this lead exactly because planners never arrived at a point where they thought they had enough lead.

Comment

Xinhui beat me... the engines are going to be a problem. Until China can produce an engine suitable for their latest airframes, they will be held somewhat hostage by Russia.

The other issue, harder to define and visualize, are the machining tolerances necessary to produce airframes that truly drop RCS. Minute gaps, uneven panels, improperly executed radome (one of the harder parts of modern fighters); all might contribute to increased RCS despite a pleasing shape on a macro level. Putty or coatings cannot correct these despite wishful thinking.

That said, it'd be stupid to underestimate Chinese engineering in areas like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                                How stable and stealthy is the vertical tail setup?
                                The tails aren't actually vertical, they are slanted. I used that term trying to differentiate between the surface that traditionally has the rudder and the one with the elevator. Slanted tails means radar will be reflected away from the source. You're right, if they were truly vertical they would not be stealthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X