China's future leader "redder than reds": WikiLeaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    So not muh will change under Xi then? From what I've been reading is to be expected.
    There will be changes here and there. See Hu's China and Jiang's China. But don't expect too much

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
      There will be changes here and there. See Hu's China and Jiang's China. But don't expect too much
      AGREE!
      China has remained as it has always been in its bone!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicChina View Post
        AGREE!
        China has remained as it has always been in its bone!
        Which China? Han? Tang? Xia? Jinn? Soong? Yuan? Ming? Qing? Sun? Chiang? Mao? Deng?

It gets to me whenever people says China is China. If you think there is very little difference between today's China and Han China, I strongly suggest you start reading history books because not only do the people back then think and feel a hell of a lot different than you but you would even be able to understand their words.

Comment

Ni hao. Noobie here.

This generation, and the next, are mixed bags. Some, like Hu Jintao, had very intense and bad experiences during the GPCR (read William Hinton’s The Cultural Revolution at Tsinghua University, and think about a young 1965 geology grad-turned- political instructor who ends up on the losing side) while others used it as a stepping stone to higher office. Combat officers mostly haven’t seen much action in 30 years, but that was the same case as the guys who trained them, 30 years ago.

Expect the unexpected.
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Who is talking about change? We have heard US nominee advertising if he is elected he’ll bring changes to the country. In China the undertone is if he is anointed, he will stay course.

Comment

Here's the new PBSC line up, in ranking order:
              Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang, Zhang Dejiang, Yu Zhensheng, Liu Yunshan, Wang Qishan, Zhang Gaoli

By function (a work in progress),
              Xi Jinping CCP General Secretary, Military Affairs Committee (MAC) Chair, PRC President (expected 3/2013)
              Li Keqiang PRC Premier (expected 3/2013)
              Zhang Dejiang National People's Congress (NPC) Chair (expected 3/2013)
              Yu Zhensheng Ideology czar, NPC Legal and Political Affairs Chair (expected 3/2013); currently Shanghai CCP Secretary
              Liu Yunshan possible Chinese People's Political Consultative Congress (CPPCC) Chair
              Wang Qishan CCP Discipline Inspection Commission (DIC) Chair; currently Vice Premier
              Zhang Gaoli PRC Executive Vice Premier (expected 3/2013); currently Tianjin City CCP Secretary

No surprises, but what we're not seeing is the obvious candidate for Vice President, which is to say, Xi Jinping's successor.

The major change from 10 years ago is that departing General Secretary Hu Jintao is not clinging to the chairmanship of the CCP MAC. He is, at least until March 2013, still chair of the parallel state MAC.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
              X