Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAB Staff Restructuring

Fellow members of WAB,

The organization of forum staff has been restructured. There are no real changes at this time, however, there has been a strong clarification of existing roles and organization of staff structure to promote further order and avoid confusion among the membership regarding matters such as authority of staff and chain of command.

The current staff structure can be viewed here:
    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showgroups.php

There will be further changes in the upcoming year to ensure the staff can operate at the most optimal level, so that we may be most responsive to the needs and desires of the membership and be able to best address these issues (read last sentence in post).

Two weeks ago, I returned to WAB after an absence of one year. I recently moved to DC and had to deal with all the issues and priorities regarding an adjustment to a new environment, circumstances, and career in this time.

I have returned to a very active role in the administration of the site. My role and responsibility on the site is to do the necessary work that is mostly unseen.

So, despite not participating in way that is readily apparent (posting, discussions), I am very much active.

If you wish to get ahold of me regarding issues related to functioning of the WAB, feel free to message me.

For issues regarding moderation, please contact a moderator who will resolve the issue or pass it on to Iain (Parihaka), the administrator whose role is the arbiter of final review on issues regarding moderation.

There will be further changes in the long-term to promote activity, functionality, usability, quality of discussion, and other general positive improvements.

Regards, Ironduke
    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

CURRENT STAFF STRUCTURE

Senior Administrator - Ironduke

Primary WAB Responsibilities:
    • Functionality
    • Usability
    • Modifications and additions to site
    • Forum Guidelines
    • Moderator promotion
    • Promote activity, participation, and quality of discussion through technical means

Administrator - Parihaka

• Arbiter of final review on moderation decisions
    • Relays information/concerns from moderators and membership that are the senior administrator's responsibilities
    • Delegate issues regarding moderation to moderators
    • Promote activity, participation, and quality of discussion through delegative means

Military/Military Civilian Moderators - astralis; JAD_333; Officer of Engineers; xinhui
    Civilian Moderators: Julie; Tarek Morgen

• Global Moderators, but especially in areas their expertise, priorities, and availability are best-suited for
    • Open and close threads
    • Move threads and posts
    • Provide coverage for one another when there is a necessary absence
    • Promote activity, participation, and quality of discussion through direct means

IT Admin - Chris, Martin

• direct superiors of senior administrator
    • practical IT support and infrastructure for WAB

Reserve Moderators - Shek

• Perform global moderator tasks on a temporary or interim basis when needed
    • Provide necessary feedback given their history and expertise on issues regarding administration/moderation

Comment

Although I'm sure everybody knows this, let me be the first to once again thank the awesome team of Admins and Mods for watching over us here at WAB and keeping it what it is.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Thanks to all the staff!

Comment

Ironduke, Welcome back,
          Haim,
          Haim357's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            Although I'm sure everybody knows this, let me be the first to once again thank the awesome team of Admins and Mods for watching over us here at WAB and keeping it what it is.
            BTW buddy, it's great to see you back. We've talked briefly, but there's been about five years since we last really knew each other, due to your service and my absence of one year.

I'll have to make sure to catch up with you when my circumstances permit. :)

Comment

Anytime. just drop me a PM, or peruse the Random Thread. That's where you can usually find me... ;)
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

It's a good staff. I'm very pleased with this forum's oversight and direction.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Nice to have you back Ironduke, hope to see you more active in some forums.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Nice to have you back Ironduke, hope to see you more active in some forums.
                    I'll be on the threads when it's bullshit and smooth sailing. Until then, there's work to be done. Thorough, well-paced, and carefully considered improvements. If WAB were a skyscraper, I'm stuck in the engineering/boiler room in the basement.

Comment

welcome back Duke

Comment

To all the Mods, Iain, et al,

You guys do a great job keeping us off the guardrails. I have been on some boards where it is like being in the primate house with all the poo being flung around. You guys get ahead of the pretty quickly.....muchos gracias!

Ironduke, keep shovelling the coal into that furnace in the basement....someone has to do some work around here!
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                          It's a good staff. I'm very pleased with this forum's oversight and direction.
                          I heartily second that, Outstanding staff, wonderful forum, great members, many thanks to all.
                          The WAB has been my favorite hobby these last two years, I have learned much, enjoyed every day that I have been here, I am proud to be a member.
                          Glad to have you back Ironduke.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                          X