Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt M4

Colt M4 "tactical" 22LR

This has been on the market a year or so now. We ran hundreds of rounds through it with no misfeeds. Fun. Kind of a cool toy. Pretty expensive though. This was $600 out the door. Lots of add-ons available, red dot sights, lasers, picitinny rail systems, fake supressors...why bother, in the end it's a .22. But run carbine drills all day long on the cheap.

Was it a .22, or a .223 (5.56mm). I'm trying to understand if it's the same type I carried when I was in. Is it fitted for SS109's?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      Was it a .22, or a .223 (5.56mm). I'm trying to understand if it's the same type I carried when I was in. Is it fitted for SS109's?
      It's in 22LR. This is all the rage right now - tacticool rimfire assault-looking rifles. You can shoot all day without breaking the bank.

I like my brother's Ruger 10/22. It's cheap, parts are aplenty, and never jams.

I have not shot these new tactical-looking rimfires though, be it M-4 look-alike, or Sig Mosquito, or Walther P22. However I just bought a Beretta 948 that looks like a small 92, although in single action only. Haven't fired it yet.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        It is a .22 LR made in Germany and marketed by Colt.
        Last edited by surfgun; 10 Dec 10,, 01:17.

Comment

Thing would be cool as hell in full-auto with a hundred rounder!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
            Thing would be cool as hell in full-auto with a hundred rounder!

Yeah, c-mags...imagine loading one...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              Ruger 10/22. It's cheap, parts are aplenty, and never jams.
              Best rimfire 22 on the market. One time I put all that after market junk on my 10/22 (folding polymer stock, bipods, 30 rnd mags etc) and ended up putting the original wood stock & 10 rnd rotary mag back on...something about the feel of that wood stock, ergonomic before its time.

Comment

Working...
              X