Browning Hi Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning Hi Power

AIMSurplus is selling retired European police issue Hi Power for $400 each. There are only 9 left so I might be able to "NOT" buy one. I have this weakness for retired European police trade-ins.

How good are Hi-Powers? I know toemag (I think it's toemag) swears by it. I've never shot one or even handled one.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    How good are Hi-Powers? I know toemag (I think it's toemag) swears by it. I've never shot one or even handled one.
    I had a Browning as my duty weapon, I loved that gun. I traded in my Star clone (POS almost got me killed) for it and never looked back. Utterly reliable it never ever failed me. I found it eminently pointable no matter what the situation, something you gotta love in a handgun. The most accurate handgun I've ever carried. Back in the states I bought a used one from a CHP officer, 40 years old and shot like brand new.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
      I had a Browning as my duty weapon, I loved that gun. I traded in my Star clone (POS almost got me killed) for it and never looked back. Utterly reliable it never ever failed me. I found it eminently pointable no matter what the situation, something you gotta love in a handgun. The most accurate handgun I've ever carried. Back in the states I bought a used one from a CHP officer, 40 years old and shot like brand new.
      That's good to know. It's always good to have actual user experience rather than some guy shooting a tournament.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is AIM is out of HPs legal for CA sale. The good news is I am not tempted any more.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

[QUOTE=gunnut;7 The good news is I am not tempted any more.[/QUOTE]

Who are you trying to convince? Hi-powers are great, I have a 35000 serial number hi-power that is as tight as the day it was born, it was tha first one I bought and it made me the FN fan I am today. At one time had about 11 of them, different styles, got rid of half of them when I purged 9mm, still have some early ones and a 40 S&W hi-power. I really like the 40 hi-power, need more of those. :banana:
        CADPIPE

Comment

Bud. Stick to the 13rnd mags, and remove the trigger safety (which is almost a trigger tuning job in itself). Enjoy it. NOW POST SOME PICTURES, please :-)
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Working...
          X