Help me decide: H&K USP vs Sig Sauer P226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I think the actual difference in terminal performance between top end premium 9mm+P+, .357 magnum, .357 Sig and .40 S&W is negligible vs 2 legged targets. I think you have to step up to .45 to get any real performance gains, but of course they come at a cost in other ares.
    Well I could never get my hands on +p+, when i carried I used a browning hi-power in 40SW loaded with Corbon +P 135gr jhp which delivers more energy than a normal civilian .45acp jhp like Remmington's Golden Saber. In the end I stepped it down to Federal Hydrashock personal defense ammo for legal reasons. It was labled personal defense ammo and was lead free which made me less vulnerable if I ever got involved in a civil case over a shooting.

7th, thats some damn good shooting. Hats off to you.

I've owned glocks (9/40), sigmas(9), 380's, .25's, an old CHP .357 and my hi-power. Of all of them I loved the hi-power the best. I got it in a straight trade for a glock 22 when me and a fellow truck driver were shooting at a range. He wanted to try my glock, so I fired a few off in his hi-power. One magazine was all it took and I offered the straight trade. It was like some magical sword in a Hollywood movie that magically fits the hand. No gun has ever fit my hand like that weapon, or fired as straight. It was almost like an extnesion of my will- see it and hit it.

Comment

Thanks for the input on the alternating rounds. To be fair, my HPs are at least as old as the guns, so I don't know if that makes them 'modern' or not. But I will switch to all HP.

Comment

If you're using 9mm, there are some magnificent choices available in JHP. I really prefer the +P and especially the +P+ loadings.

A few of them:

Federal 9BPLE 115gr+P+
        Federal HST, 147gr+P
        Doubletap in weights from 115-147gr, all +P
        Buffalo Bore in weights from 115-147gr, available in +P+
        Corbon in weights from 100-124gr, all +P
        Winchester 115gr PDX1 Bonded core JHP+P
        Speer Gold Dot bonded core in weights from 115-147gr JHP. Look for the +P and +P+ offerings.

The Corbon Sierra, Corbon Powrball, Doubletap 115gr+P, and Buffalo Bore 115gr +P+ all reach or exceed 500fpe of muzzle energy in a full sized service length pistol.

If barrier penetration is a real concern, you want to go with either a bonded core or solid copper hollowpoint design.
        Last edited by Bill; 09 Jan 11,, 05:03.

Comment

Working...
        X