Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's Management Style

Hi there,

i recently discovered a book on the amazon's "New releases" list, which is to be published today. Hence i live and work in China for several years now and the topic is very interesting: "China's Management Revolution".

Anyone heard about this book already?

To bypass the waiting time ;-), i would be glad to discuss this topic with you.

So, whats your experiences with the management style in China?

What do you think, is it different? If so, in which ways?

Are you working successfully with the usual Amercian managements styles or do you use different methods?

Regards,
    Sven

Originally posted by Wooderson View Post
    Hi there,

i recently discovered a book on the amazon's "New releases" list, which is to be published today. Hence i live and work in China for several years now and the topic is very interesting: "China's Management Revolution".

Anyone heard about this book already?

To bypass the waiting time ;-), i would be glad to discuss this topic with you.

So, whats your experiences with the management style in China?

What do you think, is it different? If so, in which ways?

Are you working successfully with the usual Amercian managements styles or do you use different methods?

Regards,
    Sven
    It is different from company to company. really. I have worked with many different Asian companies over the years ranging from HongKong, Singapore, mainland China, Taiwan, Korea to Japan. If there is one thing in common, Japan's general english skills are the weakest and while Hong Kong is credited with the highest proficiency.

Also it is depended on how "international" that Chinese company is.... the folks in the backwaters are generally more relax, go by the book, red tapes, not my deal.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Interesting, xinghui!

And besides the language skills you don't mention any change in leadership?

My vague feeling is that there is a beginning change but i can't name it for now...

Comment

Wooderson,

Let me ask you this....you are a manager? What type of MBA course you have taken? it is one thing for somedude that visited China and decided to write a book (there are many of those, I generally ignore them)................. it is a complete different when one has to manage a group for a living on a day-to-day basis.

The answer can be answered in Chinese MBA schools which is booming right now. There is where are trained.
        Last edited by xinhui; 07 Dec 10,, 17:27.
        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

here is a good writeup (and it is free too) by RAND.

The Evolution of Corporate Governance in China

The Evolution of Corporate Governance in China | RAND

* by
          * Yong Kang,
          * Lu Shi,
          * Elizabeth D. Brown

* Save to My RAND

* Citation
          * Print

Cover: The Evolution of Corporate Governance in China Click to Read Online

Discusses the development of corporate governance institutions in China, including obstacles to the future outlook for Chinese corporate governance.