Russia & Qatar will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia & Qatar will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups

BBC Sport - Football - Russia & Qatar will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups

Russia takes 2018, could be a great event to attend when the time comes round and Qatar takes 2022, tiny country to host such a huge event

The tiny oil-rich Gulf state of Qatar, with a population estimated to be around 1.7m, will be the first Middle Eastern country to host a major sporting event, and a central crux of their bid centred around boosting the region's global profile.

With the country's economy expected to grow by 15.5% this year and soar by 21% in 2011, Qatar is expected to spare no expense in building stadiums for the event, with the total cost of construction work expected to be about £4bn

World Cup?

What sport is that?

:roflmao:
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Some wussy euro kickball...
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        Some wussy euro kickball...
        Sort of like this?

Attached Files
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          World Cup?

What sport is that?

Soccer.

You know, that sport that Celtics and Redsox fans watch once their team gets kicked out of the playoff.

Kidding, Albany, kidding.
          Last edited by YellowFever; 02 Dec 10,, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
            Soccer.

You know, that sport that Celtics and Redsox fans watch once their team gets kicked out of the playoff.

Kidding, Albany, kidding.
            Nah, we don't watch soccer when that happens...we watch the Patriots and Bruins!
            Mark Twain

Comment

Paul the octopus got this one wrong, it was supposed to go to england.

World Cup?

What sport is that?

Kinda like the 'world series' with actually MORE countries from the world in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Kinda like the 'world series' with actually MORE countries from the world in it.

What does that song say?

Oh that's right..."we are the world."

:banana:
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I was hoping Portugal/Spain could get it. They've got really impressive stadiums, some of them legendary like Santiago Bernabeu and Camp Nou. Not saying Russia or Qatar or any other candidate is bad though, just personal bias.
                  夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

World Cup?

What sport is that?

You know I really envied these guys when I first saw this. It still moves me now.

夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

I thought England had the best bid, followed by Spain/Portugal. Russia's bigger, and lots of stadiums, but frankly I thought the English would make far better hosts and have the more modern infrastructure. It seems that the fact that Bladder doesn't like them may have swung it, despite the mammoth diplomatic effort the country made (they sent a PM, royal and superstar, Russia sent the mayor of a small town). Don't get me started on Qatar, wtf? I'd have given it to Australia.
                      Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                      - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
                        I thought England had the best bid, followed by Spain/Portugal. Russia's bigger, and lots of stadiums, but frankly I thought the English would make far better hosts and have the more modern infrastructure. It seems that the fact that Bladder doesn't like them may have swung it, despite the mammoth diplomatic effort the country made (they sent a PM, royal and superstar, Russia sent the mayor of a small town). Don't get me started on Qatar, wtf? I'd have given it to Australia.
                        Russia and the Middle East, quite a contrast.....

Very unexpected, at least they gave it to new nations, Australia is just too far down, would have generated more money for the airliners. Even this decision would have made a lot of money for the bookies. Russians i think offered free travel for the fans (or something along those lines).

Whats the temprature in Qatar in june july?

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Dude, Paul died a month and a half ago...
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                            Whats the temprature in Qatar in june july?
                            30-40 or 100-120 degrees

Come to think of it thats right smack in the hot season. Ppl are not going to be able to run very fast for long in that climate, unless these are indoor stadiums or temperature controlled in some way. The gulf is football crazy should go down well over there.

Comment

I read that the main reason Russia and Qatar won the nominations is that they are the countries that are most likely to fork out the tremendous bribes FIFA has grown accustomed to.
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X