Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    30-40 or 100-120 degrees

Come to think of it thats right smack in the hot season. Ppl are not going to be able to run very fast for long in that climate, unless these are indoor stadiums or temperature controlled in some way. The gulf is football crazy should go down well over there.
    As I understand it the stadiums are supposed to be temperature controlled. Which is gonna be freaking insanely expensive, seems to me. The whole thing sounds like a gigantic boondoggle, but I suppose Qatar can afford it.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      Dude, Paul died a month and a half ago...
      I know but that prediction was made months earlier. His ultimate one I believe.

Would have been a shot from the grave but not this time. The only one he got wrong out of 12 predictions

Originally posted by Armchair General
      The whole thing sounds like a gigantic boondoggle, but I suppose Qatar can afford it.
      Perhaps, but otherwise the complaint is only select countries get to host the world cup and others just have to grin & bear it. It they can offer compelling reasons to host the games then why not, there'll always be the novelty of a new venue. In the end its good for the sport if more capable hosts step up.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Dec 10,, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        I read that the main reason Russia and Qatar won the nominations is that they are the countries that are most likely to fork out the tremendous bribes FIFA has grown accustomed to.
        And there we have it , once again money talks .

The reason the UK didnt get it was last time we hosted , we won it :whome:

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          The reason the UK didnt get it was last time we hosted , we won it :whome:
          And it seems like such a long time ago

Never underestimate the power of Germans to make English men cry like girls, if anywhere else but on the football pitch. Oh!, they got their revenge for '66 with Lampard's was-it-in-or-out off the crossbar (!)

Supporting England is an extremely emotionally draining experience, kinda on par with supporting India in cricket, Over paid, underperforming good for nothings, the lot of 'em
          Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Dec 10,, 14:20.

Comment

Lampards was deffo in , but we would still have lost that game , can only agree with your statement tho .

Comment

Lampards was deffo in , but we would still have lost that game , can only agree with your statement tho .
              Course it was mate, but such is life and is what the beautiful game is all about.

Ppl going on about video replays miss this point, never gonna happen.

My bet's on an extra pair of eyes goalside.

Comment

Kinda like the 'world series' with actually MORE countries from the world in it.

:roflmao:
                You mean there are people outside of the US, the Carribean, Japan, Korea and Canada who play sports?

I never knew that!;)
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Course it was mate, but such is life and is what the beautiful game is all about.

Ppl going on about video replays miss this point, never gonna happen.

My bet's on an extra pair of eyes goalside.

Video replay as in rugby .

Comment

Didn't we have a nice long thread on alternative options during the World Farce a couple months ago?
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sure did , and we all agreed , NO MORE BLOODY USELESS TRUMPETS

Comment

Video replay as in rugby .
                        Interruptible like most American sports.

How ya gonna do it with footie ?

Comment

Eazy peazy , every stadium should have a large screen tv for vid replay , its instant as it is on your own tv ,most premier grounds have them already , it would erase human error and expose the cheats .

Comment

No eazy peazy, those replays occur while the game's going on.

If you use them to base decisons on, the game's going to be stopped everytime someone takes a dive, pretty soon every other decison requires video replay evidence. Hey, if you can do it for this why not that and so on.

You will end up with an american style game that can be stopped at the drop of a hat for a promo.

Not happening :)

Comment

Yea i understand what you say , however it is the way to go , not just my opnion but lots of pundits and ex footballers are calling for this . In the case of was it a goal or not , tennis has a system where if the ball goes over the line , ya get a beep to say so , why not adopt that , the greatest game should be allowed to be flowing and 50 years ago it was , until massive wages came into it , megga bucks bizzness ,and the cheating , but anyway it (VIDS) will happen sooner or later IMHO and would i reckon only be used in a dodgy decision , in fact why not hav a qualified ref watching the game on tv , get instant playback and then radio the ref what the decision should be .;)
                              Last edited by tankie; 03 Dec 10,, 20:04.

Comment

No eazy peazy, those replays occur while the game's going on.

If you use them to base decisons on, the game's going to be stopped everytime someone takes a dive, pretty soon every other decison requires video replay evidence. Hey, if you can do it for this why not that and so on.

You will end up with an american style game that can be stopped at the drop of a hat for a promo.

Not happening :)
                                Use it only for goal controversies like whether the ball did go in or not. Only the replay official is allowed to stop the game if he feels there is a controversy. The players and the coaches and the referree are not permitted to stop or request for a review. To incentivize the replay referee to make the right decision, there should be a performance review of the replay referee after the game based on how he judge the scoring and nothing else. All other infractions and disputes will be taken up by the soccer official commissions after the game is ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X