Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't call me Shirley

Leslie Nielsen dead
    Hollywood actor Leslie Nielsen, who traded in his dramatic persona for inspired bumbling as the accident-prone detective Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun comedies, has died, aged 84.

The Canadian-born comic died from complications from pneumonia at a hospital near his Florida home at 5.34pm, surrounded by his wife, Barbaree, and friends, his agent John S. Kelly said in a statement.

"We are saddened by the passing of beloved actor Leslie Nielsen, probably best remembered as Lt. Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun series of pictures, but who enjoyed a more than 60-year career in motion pictures and television," said Kelly.

Neilsen's nephew, Doug Nielsen, told Canadian radio station CKNW the star had been ill for nearly a fortnight.
    Not a bad chap, even if he was Canadian:whome:
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

AIRPLANE was the 1st time I saw his comic genius ... my generation is passing ... feels melancholy about the whole thing.

Comment

RIP Leslie. Guy made me laugh many a time. I know of no one else that could play the straight man like he could. Stone faced while cracking some of the funniest stuff I ever heard.

Never knew he was Canadian..guess we all have something in the closet.

Comment

I'm not old as some of you but I can remember when the guy played strictly a bad guy in many a movies and TV serials.

It freaked me out that he was such an awesome comedian in Airplane and I'll always remember him that way but some of his best roles were as a villain.

Rest in peace, Mr. Nielson.

Comment

RIP. Airplane was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yup a funny guy , ta for the laughs RIP .

Comment

RIP.

I remember watching Naked Gun at the theater. It was funny.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The thing that I always loved was his deadpan delivery of some of the most stupid lines ever written, lines that only a great comedic actor or a politician could ever hope to pull off without cracking a smile. RIP Leslie.
                Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

He was a great actor before he was "discovered". He played some great seriious as well as romantic leads before Airplane.

As a little kid I first remembered him from the Wide World of Disnet TV show on Sunday nights. I think I was about 6 years old when I saw this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swamp_Fox_(TV_series)
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

RIP. most kids I know have no idea bout the movie "airplane", sad.
                    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                      RIP. most kids I know have no idea bout the movie "airplane", sad.
                      Airplane was hilarious. The airport security joke is more valid than ever!
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                      X