Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror Watch [Kashmir]

ISI Planning Major Terror Push in J&K: Intelligence

Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence [ISI] has revived support bases along the Line of Control [LC] and the international border to push in 1600 trained terrorists into Jammu and Kashmir, top security sources said here on Sunday.

Most of the militancy support bases, which include a total of 12 Special Operations Intelligence Unit [SOIU], 13 launching pads and 25 arms training camps, have been revived in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir [POK] and Pakistan in the last three months, senior officials said.

Around 1560 to 1615 trained militants, including 20 suicide squads, are set to cross over into the country from these bases, the sources said, citing intelligence reports.

Revival of these bases is of concern to the security establishments in India as SOUI and launch pads, which were closed after 9/11 attacks in the US, are the main support system to highly trained militants.

These are used for infiltration, sabotage activities and identification of specific targets, they said.

"Before the September 11 terror strikes in the US, these ISI bases were responsible for attacks over 40 border outposts and forward defence localities along the LC and the international border", the sources said.

According to intelligence reports, of the 1600 militants who are planned to be pushed into India, a total of 1110 to 1140 were in 21 camps and launching pads along the LC and 450 to 475 in four bases along the border. The SOIU bases have been set up at Bagh, Kahuta, Hazira, Goi, Jandro, Nikia, Sensa, Mirpur, Khuirtta, Saman, Zafgarwal and Sailkote, the report said.

(Times of India September 29, 2003)

I thought of starting a genralised thread so that there is a consolidated info on the subject.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA
Working...
X