Count Felix von Luckner Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count Felix von Luckner Society

A German group has located the Sea Devil, one of Count Luckner's ships, in St Petersburg. The ship is currently being restored to the condition it was in when Luckner sailed her.

Google "Felix Graf von Luckner Gesellschaft"

They have pretty good English pages.

Count von Luckner was a very successful raider in WWI, until he was captured and held in New Zealand. Even then, he tried to escape.
    There is no horse too dead to beat.

Originally posted by Egerland View Post
    A German group has located the Sea Devil, one of Count Luckner's ships, in St Petersburg. The ship is currently being restored to the condition it was in when Luckner sailed her.

Google "Felix Graf von Luckner Gesellschaft"

They have pretty good English pages.

Count von Luckner was a very successful raider in WWI, until he was captured and held in New Zealand. Even then, he tried to escape.
    It was not one of his ships, it was his private yacht.

Comment

If I recall correctly his most famous command the Seeadler was wrecked on a Pacific atoll after it slipped its moorings and washed up onto a reef.
      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
        If I recall correctly his most famous command the Seeadler was wrecked on a Pacific atoll after it slipped its moorings and washed up onto a reef.
        Yup, the Sea Eagle was wtrecked in the Pacific. I read his biogrpahy 20 years ago or so, very good read.

Comment

Working...
        X