X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Shias booked for blasphemy

And so it continues :

2 Shias booked for blasphemy

MULTAN: Kabirwala Police have registered a case against two Shia men for making derogatory remarks about Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his companions (Sahaba-e-Karam) publicly.

“The police have arrested Amir Hussain and Kazim Hussain who had used derogatory language against Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and Hazrat Umer Farooq (RA), which caused unrest in the town. However, the situation is now under control,” Kabirwala DSP Khadim Hussain Niazi told Daily Times on the phone. He said a case had been filed under Section 298/A of the PPC against Amir Hussain and Kazim Hussain on a report by Afzal that they used objectionable words in the presence of traders Jan Muhammad, Abdul Sattar, Ashraf, Mukhtar and Nazar. staff report
    Link.

Idiots. All of em. Some shias would get so passionate at times pimping up their Shiite ways that they'd *****ing about the Prophet and go like Ali should've been the Prophet. Shouldn't that be Allah's call? During the Prophet's and Ali's life there werent any such issues at all.

Then bigger retards are the theocratic laws punishing someone on their beliefs. I mean, so what? None of our existence is threatened at all, if x calls Prophet Mohammad whatever. I've seen like a gazillion references on the internet about people calling the Prophet a Pedo. I don't like it, but I can always fart in their faces and move on.

Comment

Hari,

It is not for me as a non Moslem to comment, but since Islam is the second largest majority in India and also since I have both Shia and Sunni friends, I am constrained to clear my doubts.

Shias do not question Allah.

The question who should have been the successor to Mohammed.

Since Sunnis do not have the patent to Islam, it is not wrong if the Shias feel that Ali is the successor. That is their view. Take it or leave it. In an Islamic country you cannot just chuck them into jail because Shias have a different view. Pakistan is not the Sunni Islamic Republic, it is merely an Islamic Republic and Islamic means all Moslems, Shias and Sunnis.

As it is Pakistan has its own share of problems and Musharraf is attempting to lift it to modern times. Must this blasphemy law only add to its woes? First, it was the Christians and now the Shias! Christians, they could do nothing to since US sorted Pakistan on the subject, but who will save the Shias?

This Zia is the sole cause of Pakistan's woes.

Those who call Mohamed a pedophile should see the issue in the social perspective of the time.

The arrest appears to the non Moslem observer as bigotry of the Sunnis that they alone represent true Islam and that is what is odd if not ridiculous.

It is like saying Catholicism is the true Christianity or Arya Samajis of Hinduism are blasphemous!
      Last edited by Ray; 08 May 05,, 09:26.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Some shias would get so passionate at times pimping up their Shiite ways that they'd *****ing about the Prophet and go like Ali should've been the Prophet. Shouldn't that be Allah's call?
        Asim,

How can Allah call? He is God. Who has seen God? Who has heard God?

And why should God interfere in the petty squabblings of mortals. Is it feasible?

Let Shia live their way. Let Sunnis live their way.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Translator remanded in police custody

ISLAMABAD: Islamabad Civil Judge Amir Saleem Rana on Saturday remanded Noor-ul-Amin, who is accused of having translated the Holy Quran in Urdu without the Arabic text, in police custody till Monday. Investigation Officer Rana Ashraf produced the accused in the court and submitted an application seeking the physical remand of the accused. He said that a number of things including the printing material and other equipment had to be recovered. The court accepted the application and directed the investigation officer to reproduce the accused in the court on Monday.

Shahzad Town police had arrested Noor-ul-Amin, Pakistan Telecommunications divisional engineer, from his residence and registered a case against him under Section 5 of the Publication of the Holy Quran Act 1973. Religious scholars had read the book and found the translation to be inaccurate, which prompted a number of letters to the Religious Affairs Ministry. The ministry took note of it and asked the Interior Ministry to take appropriate action. staff report
          http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-5-2005_pg7_27
          My father's Quaran was in English and it did not have an Arabic text.

It was published in England and was translated by some Lord who had converted long ago.

Nothing happened to him.

What is the significance of adding the Arabic text, if none can read the same? Can someone explain the religious or any other logic behind the same?

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hmmm how? God will figure out how. If bad comes to worse, he'll do the grand anouncement on the day of ressurrection. You were wrong, you were right, you're a maybe. Something like that. By Allah's call I mean his decision.

The Urdu thing hmmm well its retarded but to play devil's advocate, it usually derrives from the fact that there may be some perversion when translated. So the original text should always accompany the translation. To keep the original Quran alive. Kinda stupid in this digital age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
              My father's Quaran was in English and it did not have an Arabic text.

It was published in England and was translated by some Lord who had converted long ago.

Nothing happened to him.

What is the significance of adding the Arabic text, if none can read the same? Can someone explain the religious or any other logic behind the same?
              http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...7-5-2005_pg7_2

Religious scholars found that Quranic verses were not in order. They sent the book to the Ministry of Religious Affairs, fearing that the book might create misunderstanding among people.
              verses where not in order, obviously altered or translated incorrectly, that is a big issue, we don't want religion changing.

Three are plenty of non arabic versions, the thing is, they are in order.....this one was altred.

Another example of Dailytimes trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

Who says so that they were altered. What is not in order? Which ulema decided so? And is it unanimous amongst all the ulemas?

A molehill?

And what about the Shias who are in the jug?

Are Shias wrong? Or is Islam what the Sunnis say?
                Last edited by Ray; 08 May 05,, 20:57.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Shias are wrong. So are the Sunnis.

These concepts were not introduced by Mohammad. Actually I've heard about its verses being poorly phrased, but then thats just the MMA *****ing about, and I personally havent read it.

Comment

Its very scary this religion thing in Pakistan.

You never know when they will haul you into the jug on some pretext depending on the interpretation of such goatee bearded thingummybobs.

The Pakistani soldiers across the LC is safer than these interpretors of God! At least the Pak Army actions are more discernable.
                    Last edited by Ray; 09 May 05,, 11:00.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                    X