No announcement yet.

This is better than before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ That makes too much sense to be implemented by either the American or Mexican government.

Besides, one of the major problems is the Mexican government itself.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      ^ That makes too much sense to be implemented by either the American or Mexican government.

Besides, one of the major problems is the Mexican government itself.
      Yep, planning it would take a lot of doing - we would need to spy on them carefully for a while and find out who's working with the cartels, and then get their noses too. It would be ugly - but not any more ugly than whats going on already - and it would have an end. Working with the gov't down there would just warn the cartels. Too much money involved to pull it off it seems - they own more than few people in high places here too - IMO. It seems we lack the determination, and willingness to shut down the highly profitable industry built around the war on drugs: drug testing, prisons and enforcement.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I agree. Just legalize it, marijuana, hash and the light drugs, anyway. The government gets a shitload of money on taxation, and the druggies are hit hard in the wallet, where it hurts most
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Don't know about the rest,but the law enforcement part doesn't seem to be THAT powerful.If anything,the cops would be glad to ease their work(which is senseless in way too many cases) and increase their chances of living to get the pension.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            Don't know about the rest,but the law enforcement part doesn't seem to be THAT powerful.If anything,the cops would be glad to ease their work(which is senseless in way too many cases) and increase their chances of living to get the pension.
            Perhaps the local and state cops. But the DEA would scream like hell with its budget getting cut and all if we legalize, say marijuana. In this day and age, if Congress even has the inkling that you're overstaffed they will demand cuts (probably just to look tough and all).

Comment

Northern California has found sophisticated outdoor grow operations in state forests and have traced ownership to U.S. branches of Mexican cartels. Eastern (empty) Oregon-high desert has had ranchers threatened by the same. Grow operations in the arroyo stream-bottoms of spring creeks. Ain't much water in the desert. Guess where your cattle head? Following your cattle can get you dead...quick. These operations aren't hippies and they're not U.S. biker gangs.

They're Mexican.

This thing is spreading into the states fast. Reefer can be attacked reasonably but it'll take a paradigm shift in nat'l attitudes. If so, we can eliminate or dramatically reduce a ready cash cow and make the cartels wholly dependant on meth, cocaine, and heroin. Those operations leave more clues but we'll be engaged in a full-blown insurgency south of the border inside of two decades at best. Maybe quicker. Maybe a LOT quicker. Things are deteriorating quickly.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

If I had a $ for everytime an American mentioned the idea of digging a moat and filling it with alligators I'd be a magnate.I'd also be a generous one and share my wealth with fellow wabbers,on the old principle that wealth needs to be spread around around.:)

Sir,you have ~3000km to guard.Seems a long one,but ain't really that long.The only thing you need to get rid of the pest is a a minimum investment in surveillance tech(quite good and cheap right now;you are also the world champions in this field) and an order to enforce the law,which means tresspassers that don't stop are shot.
                Sir,it's your nation not doing anything.The Mexicans are just taking advantage.The analogy with our ''friends'' in Pakistan may be striking,but I think is real.
                If I ever have the insane idea of crossing a border,which is signaled and patrolled by border guards,either I'm very,very good at sneaking or I have a suicide by cop wish.The same in Romania,Russia,Turkey or Italy.However,if I want to visit the US for me is faster to fly to Mexico ,then walk into US than wait for the visa.

As for the insurgency,I think you'll rather have it north of the border.In Mexico you're likely to have a full blown revolution.And Mexican revolutions are extremely bloody affairs.Pancho Villa wasn't quite a comic,exotic secondary character in movies .
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

This reminded me of a joke why Mexico doesn't have a good Olympics teams.
                  Everyone that can run fast, jump high or swim is in the USA ;)

This hard to defend border sounds a lot of like preaching to the Pakistanis for not being able to defend their borders and let the Talibans walk in and out.

If USA really lacks any experience, knowledge or technology (which I seriously doubt), why don't ask the friends in Israel how to make a border unpenetrable.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                  X