Indian politicians get homes meant for war widows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuku View Post
    Sir, is an amazing (sarcastically) place, a colourful(sarcastically) democracy.
    A friend who actually grew up here unlike myself once said, nothing surprised him about India. It took me a long time to understand what he meant. A more generous way of putting it would be anything is possible or only in India

Originally posted by kuku View Post
    This Mumbai thing happened as the whole Idea behind building the Flats was to make some money by selling some and giving some flats to all the parties involved. The war widow and ex-Kargil army men thing was just to put a screen over the great scam.
    Ok, but why did so many politicans and senior officers also get flats there. They weren't going to be selling anything were they. Its all very wishy washy for now.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Nov 10,, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by nvishal View Post
      What's wrong in making the right noises? Or did you actually fall for it? Lets wait for the deshmukh committee to submit a pragmatic judgement which will not be binding because rajmata likes to make the final call which technically means putting together another "better" committee, say baburao committee.
      Until the 'facts' come out this story is all one big rumour.

But nothing beats the anti-sikh riot case with 10+ committees and still going strong. Like i said, every new committee brings new hope and accrued dumbness. Else make another sikh man a proxy PM of india to pacify your critics. The innocent face is an added advantage.
      Yeah, let's totally ignore the man's contributions as FM in the 90s in opening up the country and setting us on the current path. Not saying nobody else would have done it, but he was the man of the hour and he did.

You want to see his appointment as a whitewash, thats your business.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        A friend who actually grew up here unlike myself once said, nothing surprised him about India. It took me a long time to understand what he meant. A more generous way of putting it would be anything is possible or only in India

Ok, but why did so many politicans and senior officers also get flats there. They weren't going to be selling anything were they. Its all very wishy washy for now.
        I think thats how they paid out the authorities involved, through the flats, i think there are some unique marathaland housing laws that are making matters complicated.
        The huge mountain of building laws these guys violated ensured they went down.

Its funny how the media is going on and on as if military is this stainless organisation.
        Last edited by kuku; 04 Nov 10,, 14:17.

Comment

I know. It plays out over and over again but here we are wanting a little more of the same thing. Such optimism.

Yeah, let's totally ignore the man's contributions as FM in the 90s in opening up the country and setting us on the current path. Not saying nobody else would have done it, but he was the man of the hour and he did.
          Of course, of course. Such a radical, unimaginable and innovative step in india's economic history. Any idiot who knows the basics of economics would have done it and plus that was the only thing left for us to do but yeah. He was the man.

Isn't that what he really is? Lets not "pretend" what he did. Everything has a price. The sikhs settled on a price when they rejoiced. When sonia asked him to be the PM and when he accepted it, it was basically a out of court settlement on behalf of the entire sikhs. A man who was never voted by the people, became a PM and the sikhs rejoiced. Are these people so dumb to figure out what just happened? As far as sonia and the congress are concerned, for them the 84 riots is a settled case. But they are not to be blamed. Ask the man who sold them out. Who come forward on TV and press conferences and apologized to the sikhs on behalf of the congress. There will be 20 more committees on the anti-sikh riots case and all of them will be inconclusive. To me, the several committees makes sense. For many, it gives them hope and it is for them that these committees are made for.

Comment

The credit for that should go to Narasimha Rao only and we all know how he was sidelined later by the Gandhi sycophants....
            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Isn't that what he really is? Lets not "pretend" what he did.
              No pretensions here at all.

Everything has a price. The sikhs settled on a price when they rejoiced. When sonia asked him to be the PM and when he accepted it, it was basically a out of court settlement on behalf of the entire sikhs.
              I would defer to what Tronic has to say about this given he is a sikh.

I do not believe the court cases pending have gone away. It's not a closed chapter just yet.

A man who was never voted by the people, became a PM and the sikhs rejoiced. Are these people so dumb to figure out what just happened?
              Yet he got a second term, so first time around maybe you have a point but not second time lucky.

As far as sonia and the congress are concerned, for them the 84 riots is a settled case. But they are not to be blamed.
              Disagree

Ask the man who sold them out. Who come forward on TV and press conferences and apologized to the sikhs on behalf of the congress.
              Does Tronic think Manmohan singh is a sell-out ?

There will be 20 more committees on the anti-sikh riots case and all of them will be inconclusive. To me, the several committees makes sense. For many, it gives them hope and it is for them that these committees are made for.
              You are trying to predict the future and using it to reinforce your point and have no basis to say this.

Of course its about hope, the hope we will improve and become stronger if you lose that you are no longer alive ;)

Comment

No pretensions here at all.
                So we agree he is a "whitewash"?

I do not believe the court cases pending have gone away. It's not a closed chapter just yet.
                Yes, after a dozen more committees, the case will finally go to the court. The courts will then proceed to await a divine intervention. Some perpetrators are going to die from a horrible stoke and others are going to slip in their bathrooms. Natural deaths aka divine intervention.

Yet he got a second term, so first time around maybe you have a point but not second time lucky.
                People voted for the regional parties.

Disagree
                OK How many more committees will it take for you to see the bigger picture?

You are trying to predict the future and using it to reinforce your point and have no basis to say this.
                Im not predicting the future. Im just trying to show you what game they're playing. You should have been here a little longer to realise the hopelessness.

Of course its about hope, the hope we will improve and become stronger if you lose that you are no longer alive ;)
                The anti-sikh riots is a settled case. Congress can stretch this as long as it wants and break whatever justice seeking sikhs that are left in anticipation.

Comment

Isn't that what he really is? Lets not "pretend" what he did. Everything has a price. The sikhs settled on a price when they rejoiced. When sonia asked him to be the PM and when he accepted it, it was basically a out of court settlement on behalf of the entire sikhs. A man who was never voted by the people, became a PM and the sikhs rejoiced. Are these people so dumb to figure out what just happened? As far as sonia and the congress are concerned, for them the 84 riots is a settled case. But they are not to be blamed. Ask the man who sold them out. Who come forward on TV and press conferences and apologized to the sikhs on behalf of the congress. There will be 20 more committees on the anti-sikh riots case and all of them will be inconclusive. To me, the several committees makes sense. For many, it gives them hope and it is for them that these committees are made for.
                  Nothing has changed; I don't know what gives you that impression. From the shoe tossing at Chidambram to the Sikh protests in the US, Canada and other countries everytime their governments meet with Indian government; Sikhs are still asking for justice. I really don't see how anything has changed. And if you point to the support to the Congress; than Sikhs have been voting Congress far before Manmohan Singh even came to power. All throughout the 90s Congress has been sweeping Punjab in elections. The reason being the lack of choice, at the end of the day, Congress still represents them best. The other choice they have the Sikh right-wing party, the Akalis, have no real ground ideology but simply trying to get their way into power any way possible; at one time allying themselves with the Communist party of India, to today allying themselves with the BJP, the Akalis have no political ideology whatsoever except power.
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

They finally got around to hosting the show that aired on Monday.

CNBC-TV18 India Tonight: Adarsh Housing scam: Repute of our armed forces in doubt?

IMO, this is the best show when it comes to discussions here in India as the host is a real stickler and his guests are top notch.

Comment

Thapar is a distant relative of the gandhi-nehru family. When it was revealed that rajiv gandhi was the one who let a safe passage to warran anderson out of the country, thapar came on cnn-ibn with rajdeep sardesai, ignored his neutral stand as a journalist and actually defended rajiv gandhi with a series of the lamest excuses. One of them went like "we could not afford to discourage foreign businessmen from investing in india, so it was the only thing to do".

This is not the first time he has defended the congress in times of distress. Look at the topics he chooses on india tonight.

Comment

This is not the first time he has defended the congress in times of distress.
                        Well if he's defending Congress in this episode he doing it pretty badly

Have you even watched his episode ?

He's concerned about the armed forces involvement in this scandal there and there are no politicos even present in that episode.

Look at the topics he chooses on india tonight.
                        Oh, what about them ?

I've watched his show for several months now, so i would like to see you to demonstrate this. The above link has streams of past shows, pick any you like, then show the bias. START A THREAD OF YOUR OWN FOR THIS.

I know ppl get turned off by the way he cuts his guests short, but this isn't about good manners, its about understanding the subject and on that level he's in a league of his own.

Yesterday he interviewed the Army Chief of Staff on this Adarsh scandal, Thapar comes from an army background given his father was a general. The impression i get when he talks to General VK Singh is one of deep shame. His faith in a once incorruptible institution is being eroded

Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Nov 10,, 10:37.

Comment

Well if he's defending Congress in this episode he doing it pretty badly
                          He was pretty much pro-congress before 2009 general elections. After congress won, thapar, NDTV, IBN mostly toned down the rhetoric.

Have you even watched his episode ?
                          Many. Been watching him for a long time. Seen him loose his cool many times. He takes advantage of his english literature skills. You'll never see him argue in hindi with his guests cause then the guests will actually have something to say. But he surely is the best host in india.

I've watched his show for several months now, so i would like to see you to demonstrate this. The above link has streams of past shows, pick any you like, then show the bias. START A THREAD OF YOUR OWN FOR THIS.
                          I've been watching that show for a long time. Long before CNBC even started airing advertisements for his shows. Most people didn't even knew him back then. He only became household until he started appearing on IBN.

I know ppl get turned off by the way he cuts his guests short, but this isn't about good manners, its about understanding the subject and on that level he's in a league of his own.
                          That's the complaint from those who see him for the first time. Karan does rehearsals with his questionnaire before the actual interview. So if he realises a familiar dialogue coming out of his guests, he interrupts and fast-forwards to get the most of the time.

But the point is, he is very good with his words. He can only prey on those weak in english. You won't see him clowning such characters like jaitley, shourie or that american ambassador david mulford cause they are at par or even better. It makes you wonder what are they really trying to prove?

Comment

Originally posted by nvishal
                            But he surely is the best host in india.
                            I rest my case ;)
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Nov 10,, 20:05.

Comment

i agree,instead of demolishing and reducing,let the structural,enviornmental and all other checks be done and let the building stand off as it is and be handed over to the military war veterans,all the other claims should be made void .

Comment

The recent scrapping of the Representation of People's ordinance will now forbid the corrupt politicians from lawmaking process. They will be banned for 10 years from contesting any elections. Though this came as the result of the prank played by the new boy in Congress, Mr. Rahul Gandhi, to show himself as an authority over the other veteran congress leaders including the PM Manmohan Singh. It really worked in both ways 1) If the ordinance was passed it would have been the biggest blunders of the century and the centuries to come. 2) By the aggressive retaliation a Mr. Gandhi rose up to the stature of a prospective PM candidate for the UPA.

Comment

Working...
                                X