Japan's Self-Defence Forces Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    The Rising sun flag has been the official flag of the JSDF since 1954. The version shown is the Maritime SDF flag (Navy) Differs from the WW2 military flag in that the sun disk is offset from center.

JMSDF(Navy)

[ATTACH]22763[/ATTACH]

Only the JASDF (Air Force) flag does not incorporate the sun rays.
    [ATTACH]22764[/ATTACH]

And the JGSDF flag(Army)
    [ATTACH]22765[/ATTACH]

See I learned something besides what a pile of salt by a door means in the 4 years I lived in Japan.
    Actually, the WW II military Ensign with the radiating sun rays always had the "Meat Ball" left of center. Only the "Meat Ball" flag had only the red filled circle in the middle of the flag.

As for salt outside the door, I have to concede that I do not know what that means (though I've been there a number of times but usually in a hotel or on a Naval Base). I know you are supposed to take your shoes off when entering a private home. But standard US Army Paratrooper boots were very time consuming. That was until they came out with those with a zipper on the side. We used to call them "Geisha House Boots".
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Salt outside the door

morijio (もりじお)
      Attached Files
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
        morijio (もりじお)

Salt outside the door.
        It is important to enjoy how silly your traditions look to others.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
          Salt outside the door.
          It is important to enjoy how silly your traditions look to others.
          LOL that was funny

Comment

ahh sooo, in case the sauce was not salty enough,
            and I am so very sorry for the loss of communication with the ICBM's today, many appologies...
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

"This is the Samurai way." Genius, all the way through.
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                ahh sooo, in case the sauce was not salty enough,
                and I am so very sorry for the loss of communication with the ICBM's today, many appologies...
                I've heard the Irish put outr Milk for house hobs, many Americans use various native American traditions, My wife and I use Dream Catchers, keep sage above the door and I personally open up my perception for messaes when I see a hawk fly close by overhead or sitting on a wire.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  I've heard the Irish put outr Milk for house hobs, many Americans use various native American traditions, My wife and I use Dream Catchers, keep sage above the door and I personally open up my perception for messaes when I see a hawk fly close by overhead or sitting on a wire.
                  I was just laughing and joking about that video, I have great respect for different traditions, and adopt them when I feel it is appropriate. I admire the Japanese, Native American and many other traditons, I meant no disrepect, I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I have sage bushs (many varieties) and occassionally burn sage as incense to purify my home, many of these traditions are very beautiful, I have considered putting a dish of salt outside my door, but I am concerned the rain may dissolve it and kill my plants.
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

more public demo.
                    Attached Files
                    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Attached Files
                      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm
                        Attached Files

Comment

nnnnnnnnnn
                          Attached Files

Comment

bbbbbb
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X