China Pakistan nuclear reactor deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
    Is the Taliban likely to get their hands on Pakistan's nuclear weapons or fissile materials? What safeguards this from happening?
    The Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      We have been looking for nukes for 30 more years than Pakistan even considered the idea.
      You know, the construction of the first Pak nuclear power plant started in September 1965 and was completed by July 1971, following a turnkey contract with the Canadian General Electric Company. (1965 - 30 = 1935 hmm)

The spooks know where they are.
      You can never know what the spooks know...can you?

All we can do is make a guess.
      sigpic

Comment

The Chinese.
        That can be a factor but we ourself are a responsible nation.
        sigpic

Comment

*** Light bulb came on ***

India has refused uranium enrichment technology trade ... even when offerred to be grandfathered by Russia. India is defining the ACCEPTABLE civilian trade ... despite the blanket waiver ... though not quite blanket ... but effectively with conditions. India wants to restrict the nuclear weapons technology trade and by refusing the uranium enrichment, she denies the same to both Pakistan and Israel.
          Thx OOE, I did not realise India had influence in this matter.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Nov 10,, 15:25.

Comment

The Chinese.
            To what extent is China responsible for the proliferation of AQ Khan & N.Korea in Syria ?

Iran has probably benefitted from this as well.

I realise China signed the NPT in 1992 & joined the NSG in 2004, so they've had a clean record since. But if they ensure security for Pakistani nukes they must had some say in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              To what extent is China responsible for the proliferation of AQ Khan & N.Korea in Syria ?
              AQ Khan? 100%/ North Korea? Zero. NK exploded duds, not proven Chinese designs.

Iran has probably benefitted from this as well.
              Pakistani modified uranium designs wheras the Chinese has long ago moved off to variable yields thermonuke designs.

I realise China signed the NPT in 1992 & joined the NSG in 2004, so they've had a clean record since. But if they ensure security for Pakistani nukes they must had some say in the matter.
              China, like the US, watch Pak nukes like a hawk. More importantly, Pakistan follows Chinese nuclear protocals ... which means that the Chinese have an inside track in determining how the Paks think in nuclear weapons storage, deployment, and usage ... and the Chinese can read a map like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pak Nationalist View Post
                You know, the construction of the first Pak nuclear power plant started in September 1965 and was completed by July 1971, following a turnkey contract with the Canadian General Electric Company. (1965 - 30 = 1935 hmm)

You can never know what the spooks know...can you?

All we can do is make a guess.
                PN, I've done an entire reply but lost it but here's some food for thought.

http://thebulletin.metapress.com/con...7/fulltext.pdf

This is open source ... and Pakistan got ways to go before she is on par with hiding ... and finding 30,000+ nukes.

Comment

Thanks for this delicious food.
                  sigpic

Comment

In last eighty or something, a Chinese nuclear scientist of Korean origin defected N. Korean embassy in Beijing, China blocked the embassy for a few months and later let him go. Green light was from Deng, he said to the effect: Early or later, with or without this guy, Korea will get their hands on A bomb.

Comment

North Korea does NOT have a working bomb.

Comment

They got a dirty bomb instead, now they are perfecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by middle earth View Post
                          They got a dirty bomb instead, now they are perfecting it.
                          Want to know how to defend yourself against a dirty bomb? Take a shower.

Comment

That’s not my concern, N. Korea said it will go thermo.

Comment

That's a crock and a half simply based upon their 2 tests thus far. The first less than 1 kt and the 2nd estimated at 1.5 kt (and the Chinese believes the 2nd was faked). I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CONFIDENCE that the November Kilos can even purify Pu, let alone going a thermonuke.

Comment

PN, I've done an entire reply but lost it but here's some food for thought.

http://thebulletin.metapress.com/con...7/fulltext.pdf

This is open source ... and Pakistan got ways to go before she is on par with hiding ... and finding 30,000+ nukes.
                                It is a good piece of knowledge for me as far as basses of countries other then Pakistan are concerned.

But the information it provides about Pakistan is nothing new for me, everything this document gives me is the name of major ordinance depots.

And I think every country has its own top secret sites for srategic weapons.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X