Militias: Private Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Militias: Private Military

Anyone know of anyone who is ( or has ever been ) a member of any *private* militia ?
    ( i.e. survivalist and/or hunting organization, etc )

I am a militia of one? :banana:
    CADPIPE

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
      I am a militia of one? :banana:
      Good for you.

Comment

Are there any "public" militias?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Are there any "public" militias?
          Good point.

Nowadays..................>

Probably the closest thing to a "public" militia would be the
          military divisions established by a nation's government or
          leader(s).

However, there are so-called "private" membership militias
          that exist within the USA, and these "private" organizations
          are know to "go public" at times by various means, such as
          websites and podcast; so as to promote their agendas, as well as
          to recruit new members into their core.....in spite of the fact that the
          majority of such recruitment traditionally takes place via "word of mouth"
          ( i.e. "invitation only" ).

Comment

Just survivalists or hunters?And I thought you wanted to overthrow the government.Now,aren't all citizens de jure members of a militia? ''Every abled body man ...''
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              Just survivalists or hunters?And I thought you wanted to overthrow the government.Now,aren't all citizens de jure members of a militia? ''Every abled body man ...''
              Yep.......i.e..."Shadow Soldiers" ! ;)

:gunut:
              ( neat little guy LOL )

Only to add:.....................>

I have a few "associates" who are members of a milita;
              which nowadays feels as though it needs to promote
              itself more as a "survivalist / hunting" organization;
              which is due in a great part to the fact that the "Patriot Act"
              ( post 9-11 ) has given greater authority to all government agencies.

However, as "all law and politics are local" there are those who
              "staddle-the-fence" when it all really comes down to it; as there are
              a few who are members of this organization, and who are also a
              member of the local and/or state law enforcement.
              ( maybe they're spies for Uncle $am / a.k.a. - d.b.a. "BIG Brother" ?! )
              ;)
              __________________________________________________ _________

Comment

The trouble with militias, is that no matter how noble the ideals of the people that found it, the militia can be hijacked by new members, and the focus changed. And once it changes, even if you quit before it changes, that will be on your record. So I am stating a private militia, but only H00ters Girls can be members! :banana: Can't wait for close order drill, night patrols, hand to hand,...mmmmmmm
                Last edited by cadpipe; 22 Oct 10,, 13:48. Reason: spelling
                CADPIPE

Comment

The USA was established with many volunteer militias, which had one objective....to rid America from England;
                  in spite of the fact that each state had its own seperate and long-term objectives at the beginning.

Comment

I have spoken with commanders of the Missouri Militia about getting a unit started in my area. I haven't really had the time to dedicate to the cause so therefore it is still on the board. However, they were very welcoming and open about thier activities and what would be expected of anyone affiliated with them. So far they are "un"organized only in northern MO.

MISSOURI MILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                      I have spoken with commanders of the Missouri Militia about getting a unit started in my area. I haven't really had the time to dedicate to the cause so therefore it is still on the board. However, they were very welcoming and open about thier activities and what would be expected of anyone affiliated with them. So far they are "un"organized only in northern MO.

MISSOURI MILITIA
                      I'm aquainted with a few of the individuals who are associated with the MO Militia;
                      and these individuals are excellent examples of what makes a citizen.........a citizen.

Comment

I can't recall the Cpt's. Name right away, but I ran across thier booth at a KC gunshow and talked for almost an hour. Came home with all the materials to organize. I find plenty of interested folks, just none ready to pause for the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                          I can't recall the Cpt's. Name right away, but I ran across thier booth at a KC gunshow and talked for almost an hour. Came home with all the materials to organize. I find plenty of interested folks, just none ready to pause for the cause.
                          Good luck whenever you get around to organizing a unit.

Comment

I don't like the idea of private armies, the chain of command tends to get in the way of itself, and personality conflicts can cause problems. When the WROL rolls us up communities will pull together and thrive, until the powers that be can reassert themselves and things get back to normal again.

Unfortunately the Governments are selfish and tend to believe that they are the power absolute, proof of this can be found in the way in which the Waco TX. incident was concluded, guess I'm trying to say mutual help/assistance pacts are more helpful/advisable to a para military org., who's intentions are free to interpretation.

These days as a member of the First Fireside Fusiliers, this old man would rather die at the beginning of such a scenario than surrender his creature comforts.

Tony
                            Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Working...
                            X