What would John Wayne do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would John Wayne do?

Watch these and tell me you aren't reminded of what it means to be a free American.

The Duke. He had it all figured out.

Comment

Same thing Reagan did!!

Comment

John Wayne will always be in class by himself, a very great man
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I met the Duke when I was a kid. He bought me a Roy Rogers in the Canoe Club in Sitka, AK.

He was up there on his boat, the Wild Goose. My dad was in the Club when the Duke came in. He struck up a conversation and ended up calling my mom at home, telling her to pack us kids up in the car and get down there. So she did, we got some pictures with Wayne and got a tour of his boat the next day. There was a big poster of a nekkid woman on the (inside) door of the engine room.

I was pretty young, but remember him as a big man who was full of life. He loved to fish, and he loved Alaska.

In 2003/2004 I skippered a boat down to Costa Rica, on the way stopped in Newport Beach. The guy that bought John Wayne's house was Robert Cohen, who also owned the Beverly Hills Four Seasons. ("Call me R.C") He had torn down the Duke's house and was building a new one. I ended up renting the dock from him and staying for a month on John Wayne's dock!
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I drive by John Wayne airport every single day.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
              I met the Duke when I was a kid. He bought me a Roy Rogers in the Canoe Club in Sitka, AK.

He was up there on his boat, the Wild Goose. My dad was in the Club when the Duke came in. He struck up a conversation and ended up calling my mom at home, telling her to pack us kids up in the car and get down there. So she did, we got some pictures with Wayne and got a tour of his boat the next day. There was a big poster of a nekkid woman on the (inside) door of the engine room.

I was pretty young, but remember him as a big man who was full of life. He loved to fish, and he loved Alaska.

In 2003/2004 I skippered a boat down to Costa Rica, on the way stopped in Newport Beach. The guy that bought John Wayne's house was Robert Cohen, who also owned the Beverly Hills Four Seasons. ("Call me R.C") He had torn down the Duke's house and was building a new one. I ended up renting the dock from him and staying for a month on John Wayne's dock!
              Wow meeting the Duke in person - Awesome!

I've spent many countless hours with the Duke, all very enjoyable, but he was in 2D (movies).

I remember a funny story about him squashing Frank Zappa's hat in a club in San Bernadino, seems Frank had the nerve to make fun of him, the Duke didn't take it.
              Last edited by USSWisconsin; 22 Oct 10,, 21:39.
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post

How very....very....awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X