2010 College Football Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 College Football Season

It's shaping up to be an interesting season. S-2's Badgers stuck it to #1 Ohio State, making it the second #1 in a row to be dethroned. Hopefully TCU and Boise St will lose so that we don't end up with a weak schedule #1.

On another note, my Army team lost another heartbreaker - 4-3 with the losses adding up to a margin of 13. Hopefully, we'll pull it out against Air Force at the end of the month.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Air force is looking pretty tough this year. That might be a tough game. BS and TCU ned to get into a real conference if they want to be taken seriously. I am not surprised the BS system took the largest market in the vicinity and made them #1 even though the Ducks are ranked #1 in the other polls. Still, at #2, the ducks are still in the big game as long as they win out and that is all that matters at this point. The ducks position should be solidified if they tear UCLA a new one on thursday considering how UCLA beat the crap out of Texas. Auburn, LSU and Michigan State are all charging up the ranks and I am sure the network executives would love to have anyone of these teams playing Oklahoma in the big game over the small west coast market of Oregon. We need a fricken play off and thats all there is to it. The top 8 get a chance for the big time. The rest can go bowling.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Oklahoma lost so it looks like My Ducks will be #1. Oh wait Auburn won and they are ranked close to the top and are not a west coast team. Looks like Auburn will be #1 in the BS rankings. Ducks/trojans looks to be a huge game next Sat.

Comment

I anticipate Newton (Auburn) to be MVP this season. Georgia put a can of whoop-a$$ on Kentucky last nite. However, Kentucky beat SC, but SC beat GA.....wtf ??

Comment

That is exactly why we need a playoff. What is on paper does not tell the whole story. The BS computer can't compute the intangibles. All it can do is ensure the most money for those running the show, ie put in the two biggest markets that are near the top and put them in the NC game.

Comment

A playoff still won't tell us which team is better (just which team is better on a particular night). Nonetheless, I still would enjoy to see a top 8 duke it out in a single elimination bracket format.
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
              A playoff still won't tell us which team is better (just which team is better on a particular night). Nonetheless, I still would enjoy to see a top 8 duke it out in a single elimination bracket format.
              Heck yeah !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                Heck yeah !!!
                Folks like TCU and Boise State would be the teams most likely to benefit - if you win, you can prove you're a big time program and not just building a season on cream puffs.

Comment

Folks like TCU and Boise State would be the teams most likely to benefit - if you win, you can prove you're a big time program and not just building a season on cream puffs.
                  Exactly. TCU and Boise State would then be pitted against the southern teams, which in my opinion, are exceptional players. In any event, a single elimination bracket with the top 8 will definitely tell the tale, and I would definitely re-work my schedule to see it.

Comment

Two great weeks of Badger football. The win against Iowa, if anything, was even bigger than Ohio State in Madison.

Live out here in Oregon and the Ducks are incredibly impressive against very blah competition. Stanford was their biggest challenge and the U of O got them at home.
                    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Being better, or not, on a particular night beats the hell out of being denied even a chance to play because of some cryptic algorithm working against you. I would say the odds of finding a true champion out of the top 8 are a lot better than the current BS system. Still have to keep the zebras neutral though. winning or losing a game do to bad officiating questions the integrity of the sport. Almost as much as the BS system does.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        winning or losing a game do to bad officiating questions the integrity of the sport.
                        My Army team should be 5-2 instead of 4-3. This particular play went for something like 60 yards (and the drive resulted in a game tying touchdown that sent it into OT) instead of a safety and free kick.

Not BCS material for sure, but still. Oh well . . .

Comment

The Knights may have lost but fellow service Midshipmen beat some ass over Notre Dame!
                          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Ga-fl

GA-FL game today is one big cluster-f@ck ! We have NO quarter back, and we need a new coach.

Comment

Oregon went to LA and won going away tonight. USC put up a good fight for 3 quarters though. The rest of the season should be easier. I just hope the lads do not let it go to their heads and forget to take care of business. Oregon has been notorious over the years for dropping games they should have easily won. This years civil war is shaping up to have even bigger implications (NC) than last year when the winner got to go to the Rose bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X