M1 Abrams v. Javelin, v. RPG-29, v. Spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1 Abrams v. Javelin, v. RPG-29, v. Spike

I know that vs. threads aren't big on this site, but this isn't so much a this-tank-vs-that-tank question as a question about the M1's defences. I know that there's a lot of hype about the Abrams being an indestructable tank after its record in the Gulf War, but how do you guys think it would fare against advanced weapons systems?

If you want, include anti-tank mines, 120mm HEAT rounds, and DU penetrators to the mix.

Give me a shovel and enough time and I can stop any tank.

Comment

But ya can't make it burn.

Comment

Fine, give me 600 gallons of gasoline also and another two hours to fill the hole with the stuff.

Comment

Yes he can.

within range the Spike and Javalin will both kill any Abram's put there since they lack an APS. The RPG-29 can penetrate and do a mission kill- form the middle of the tank back, not from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Give me a shovel and enough time and I can stop any tank.

Spoken like the engineer you are, Colonel!

Essayons!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the answer, zraver. I was trying to compare Merkava and Abrams performance, and I realized that while the stories of the M1 taking uncounted numbers of RPGs were probably true, the weapon systems employed against the Israeli's were more complex and more expensive.

Comment

Was i the only one who thought of "binoculars and a radio"? Well, and at least one tube loading DPICM within 25 klicks too.

Comment

Working...
                X