Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YellowFever
    Yeah, well, what are you gonna do?

We tried to raise him right and teach him how to walk softly through minefield correctly (which is what the first couple dozen posts in WAB is akin to) and he manages to step on every mine without missing any.......
    Double post 4 teh l0se...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• I liked it better when you were Mia.....you redneck!
      Last edited by YellowFever; 10 Jun 13,, 22:43.

Comment

• I bet the door wont hit him in the ass on the way out...

Comment

• I believe the leading theory is that the ramps are either well hidden or they have less motion but are able to amplify their function by creating a shock that itself acts as a ramp. Of course, it could just be that the inlet is set for supersonic performance and for the most part this plane relies on its 70000-80000 lbf of thrust and clean profile to just muscle through things.

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
          Which brings me to a question i have had all along..... ..... ......how does the raptor do it?
          Last edited by GGTharos; 10 Jun 13,, 23:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Jaime View Post
            Calm down, i wasn't discussing with you at all, now your getting in the conversation. Please step out of our conservation, it's between me and GGTharos.
            I'm going to assume that you ignored my last post to you so I'll be blunt:
            You are exactly one step away from a permanent vacation.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• He's telling you what everyone else has been trying to tell you: There's no conversation here because you don't know what you're talking about. You've read a couple of web pages and you think you know something.
              I've been there, and at least I know there's a lot of stuff that I don't know. You really have nothing informative or new to tell anyone here, but you haven't taken that hint yet.

If you want to learn, that's one thing. This pissing match you want to have that you're calling a conversation isn't interesting at all though.

Originally posted by Steven Jaime View Post
              Calm down, i wasn't discussing with you at all, now your getting in the conversation. Please step out of our conservation, it's between me and GGTharos.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                I'm going to assume that you ignored my last post to you so I'll be blunt:
                You are exactly one step away from a permanent vacation.
                What's a vacation? :red:

Comment

• He means you will be on the receiving end of a permanent ban from this forum.

Originally posted by Steven Jaime View Post
                  What's a vacation? :red:

Comment

• Originally posted by GGTharos View Post
                    He's telling you what everyone else has been trying to tell you: There's no conversation here because you don't know what you're talking about. You've read a couple of web pages and you think you know something.
                    I've been there, and at least I know there's a lot of stuff that I don't know. You really have nothing informative or new to tell anyone here, but you haven't taken that hint yet.

If you want to learn, that's one thing. This pissing match you want to have that you're calling a conversation isn't interesting at all though.
                    Huh, ok handle it for yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                      Which brings me to a question i have had all along..... ..... ......how does the raptor do it?
                      From Wikipedia:

Some supersonic intakes feature two or more ramps, operating in series, to generate multiple oblique shock waves. Each downstream ramp is steeper in inclination than the previous ramp. These intakes are usually more efficient than single (oblique) shock wave inlets. For a fixed geometry it is feasible to use curved intakes without any shocks before the final normal shock. Modern fighter jets (like the F-22 Raptor) have engines so powerful that top speed is not limited by them, thus spillage at the intake is acceptable and a lightweight fixed geometry chosen. The nacelle has a round outer lip to defect spillage back into the longitudinal direction. The nacelle thus gets a very large cross section with more volume than needed for the engine and in the F-22 the nacelles are combined with the fuselage to create a large weapon bay, place for fuel, and a wide body, which generates some lift. Modern jets have a horizontal ramp thus spillage at least produces some lift. In case of the F-22 the inlet has two ramps placed in a diamond shape, thus for most Mach- and thrust-conditions spillage occurs only at the aft / lower corner of that diamond.[original research?] In case of the F-22 the leading edges of the wing become supersonic at Mach 1.8 and certainly are as large a source of wave drag as the inlet.
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Jaime View Post
                        Huh, ok handle it for yourself
                        Wow.

Do you know what "obtuse" means?
                        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• I doubt it...he doesn't even know what a vacation is...

Comment

I believe the leading theory is that the ramps are either well hidden or they have less motion but are able to amplify their function by creating a shock that itself acts as a ramp. Of course, it could just be that the inlet is set for supersonic performance and for the most part this plane relies on its 70000-80000 lbf of thrust and clean profile to just muscle through things.
                            Or maybe there are little gnomes working behind the intake, blowing very hard at the compressor blades, to increase compression....

Comment

• Mice with a leaping cat picture behind them ... spin that wheel! :D

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Or maybe there are little gnomes working behind the intake, blowing very hard at the compressor blades, to increase compression....

Comment

Mice with a leaping cat picture behind them ... spin that wheel! :D
                                What if we install the same mouse wheel in the F414 that powers the Super Hornet? BAM! We kick it up a notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X