Destroyers - Fletcher Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To add some context to the above picture

Arriving in Leyte Gulf on 25 November, Aulick once again joined TG 77.2. On 29 November, while on antisubmarine patrol in the east entrance to Leyte Gulf, Aulick was attacked at 1750 by six Japanese planes. One peeled off and dived toward the destroyer, dropped a bomb close aboard, then exploded on hitting the water approximately 20 yd (18 m) off the destroyer's port bow. Another aircraft approached and struck the starboard side of the bridge with its wingtip, continued forward and downward, and exploded near the bow just above the main deck. The explosion set the number 2 gun and handling room on fire. Metal fragments killed several men on the bridge and flying bridge. Altogether a total of 31 men were killed, 64 were wounded, and 1 was missing.

Comment

• R/V Petrel is at it again. Found USS Strong DD-467 this time.

https://www.facebook.com/rvpetrel/

Comment

• Moderator.... taking on water?

I've noted a decrease in response times ( aka Speed ) for opening, posting and searching on the WAB.
        Has the server gone "wacky"? Did the loan of some dark fiber evaporate? Is the website taking on water?
        These questions are asked as I've been contacted by followers who've abandoned the thread.
        Just wondering. The difficulty of posting along with ERROR messages seems on the rise.

Comment

• The site's been having issues for some time now. A lot of times, I get an error and have to refresh the page or just wait awhile to refresh before it will come back up.

Comment

• Error Messages ....

Three (3) attempts to get past the ERROR MESSAGE just to post this.
            I'm happy to have two (2) screens to be a little more productive while awaiting the WAB to appear.

Comment

• Another attempt .....

Trying to post again.... goodness the slowness of response is alarming.

Comment

• I tend to get better response around 0900-1200 hours PST. The worst response, if any response, is after 2200 hours PST.

Comment

• I feel your pain. Given up on posting model build threads. ow only pics of finished planes. and it still takes forever when it works. But I'm not giving up on the WAB yet

Comment

• This is only a TEST....

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    I feel your pain. Given up on posting model build threads. ow only pics of finished planes. and it still takes forever when it works. But I'm not giving up on the WAB yet

Do not adjust the dial on your Television.... I'm just checking to see if the response time has improved in the last 4-months?

Comment

• Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                      Do not adjust the dial on your Television.... I'm just checking to see if the response time has improved in the last 4-months?
                      It has...

Comment

• Bump ?

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                        It has...
                        Well it's been 90-days since I've visited the Fletcher - DD thread.
                        A package has arrived from Mr. L's estate of a blueprint for a ship's "shearing blade".
                        It's chunk of steel welded to the leading edge of the bow.
                        The artifact was given by Mr. L, aka RustyBattleship, before his passing.
                        As it is a very large format document, I try to get it scanned and shared for others to view.
                        Last edited by blidgepump; 06 Sep 19,, 12:17.

Comment

• I have not visited this site either due to issues noted above is there any time it will improve?

Comment

• I posted recent photos of USS WISCONSIN on that forum just a few days ago - there is an improvement in access time and navigation. But to be honest, I'm still hesitant to visit here very often for the simple fact that if the lag time returns, my frustration level goes thru the ceiling - I have better things to do, etc. than waiting on a website to function properly.

Keep fingers crossed that this website's admin/staff are making continual corrections/improvements as needed.

BlidgePump - hope you're able to post the drawings that Rusty sent you - would be interesting to see those.
                            Last edited by bbvet; 12 Oct 19,, 13:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbvet View Post
                              I posted recent photos of USS WISCONSIN on that forum just a few days ago - there is an improvement in access time and navigation. But to be honest, I'm still hesitant to visit here very often for the simple fact that if the lag time returns, my frustration level goes thru the ceiling - I have better things to do, etc. than waiting on a website to function properly.

Keep fingers crossed that this website's admin/staff are making continual corrections/improvements as needed.

BlidgePump - hope you're able to post the drawings that Rusty sent you - would be interesting to see those.
                              Lag time for me is not as bad as it once was. In fact it is mostly back to 2300 hours PST for me. Mornings and afternoons I haven't seen an issue. Some quirks but not unable to get in. Right now it is 1921 hours.

Comment

• Assistance requested ..... USS IOWA

Reaching out to any resource.

Just discovered that I'm in California Monday & Tuesday, November 4 & 5.
                                With Mr. L's passing ( Rusty Battleship) I seeking any help in a tour of the USS IOWA.
                                I note the premium tour are Saturday & Sunday events.

Any help in adding the third of the 4 Iowa BB's to my logbook is much appreciated.

Blidgepump

Comment

Working...
                                X