Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 209210211212213214215216217218
Results 3,256 to 3,259 of 3259

Thread: Destroyers - Fletcher Class

Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blidgepump View Post
    The ship in the adjoining drydock had her colors flying as well!
    Now that's a real fighting ship!!!
    Its called Tourist Season. So why can't we shoot them?

BP wrote:
    So many pictures... this one is for Hank!
    "The Smoking lamp is lit aft of the 55 gun."
    Thanks, BP!! I can't tell you how many After Lifebuoy MidWatches I stood behind the Fanfare deflector (on right of above photo) smoking while crouching so no one on the bridge or Mt. 33 could see me!! Of course, this was SOP for us smokers!!! Also, a wet spot to be sure!!

I also liked the photo of you raising the colors on CASSIN YOUNG. I was there in 1995 during a STODDARD reunion in Boston but didn't really get the kind of photos needed to help with my modeling. When we were in the drydock in 1967 (LBeach) along with the INGERSOLL, colors were always raised and lowered as we were still in full commission - not on any kind of special reduced status.

I've noted also the fueling station photos - I hope to incorporate that detail on the model.

Thanks again!

Hank

Scale ....

Quote Originally Posted by bbvet View Post
    BP wrote:

Thanks, BP!! I can't tell you how many After Lifebuoy MidWatches I stood behind the Fanfare deflector (on right of above photo) smoking while crouching so no one on the bridge or Mt. 33 could see me!! Of course, this was SOP for us smokers!!! Also, a wet spot to be sure!!

I also liked the photo of you raising the colors on CASSIN YOUNG. I was there in 1995 during a STODDARD reunion in Boston but didn't really get the kind of photos needed to help with my modeling. When we were in the drydock in 1967 (LBeach) along with the INGERSOLL, colors were always raised and lowered as we were still in full commission - not on any kind of special reduced status.

I've noted also the fueling station photos - I hope to incorporate that detail on the model.

Thanks again!

Hank
    Hank, I think you mentioned this before but my memory requires pencil and paper... what scale do plan for your DD?

Quote Originally Posted by blidgepump View Post
    Hank, I think you mentioned this before but my memory requires pencil and paper... what scale do plan for your DD?
    BP - I am building the Revell (Germany) kit FLETCHER Class Destroyer - it is 1/144 scale. I will kit-bash it into USS STODDARD (DD-566) in her 1966 ASW configuration. At this point I've located and purchased almost all the necessary 3rd Party 3D printed parts that I will need for weapons systems, etc. There will be scratchbuilding involved to remove/alter superstructure, decks, masts, etc. The LOA of the hull is 31 3/8" so it will make a decent sized model.

Hank

Thread Information