Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron man

Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

:tank:
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

The problem with future mecha is always energy. This kind will not be deployed to the field soon.

Comment

Axeghanistan ’09: Op Donkey Haul
        Able Troop, 3rd Squadron, 71st Cavalry, part of the 10th Mountain Division deployed to Logar province, 50 miles south of Kabul, is way too small to cover the entire district of Baraki Barak, where its Combat Outpost is located. So the company uses observation posts, strung out along the district’s mountain peaks, to keep an eye things between patrols. Each OP is outfitted with sensors, rockets, machine guns and, most importantly, radios for relaying sightings of Talibs or other dushman.
        http://www.warisboring.com/?p=2748

I think they will save the money and let things continue the way they are.

Comment

^^^ Heh heh...Thats the way we used to do it!! The outfit is cool until the batteries run down. Donkeys can eat about anything, and if you get hungry and desparate, you can eat it!!

Comment

I have actually had a go in the Lockheed Martin exo skeleton thing called the HULC. They were beside the BAE Booth at last years AUSA show and one morning the guy demoing through the day let me have a go before the show opened for teh day. It was VERY impressive. Now as folks point out its all about power so dont expect to see this system running around the mountains of afghanistan any time soon. But for thes support elements such as the Forwards Support Companies (FSC's) and Brigade Support Battalions (BSB's) a system such as this has a real possibility of getting into service. These units always have vehiclles with the ability to export lots of power so thethering the system to a vehicle is most certainly doable in the field to support maintenance and resupply type activities. Also as one pic above shows use on a Carrier of flightline for re arming is also very feasable.

Regards

Arty
            "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
              ^^^ Heh heh...Thats the way we used to do it!! The outfit is cool until the batteries run down. Donkeys can eat about anything, and if you get hungry and desparate, you can eat it!!
              you would eat an ass?

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                you would eat an ass?
                I would, I would eat an ass. I would eat it here, I would eat it there, I would eat an ass anywhere!

I would eat it on glass, I would eat it in the grass, I would even eat it with a Lass!

I would even eat green eggs and ass!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                  I would, I would eat an ass. I would eat it here, I would eat it there, I would eat an ass anywhere!

I would eat it on glass, I would eat it in the grass, I would even eat it with a Lass!

I would even eat green eggs and ass!!
                  with some fava beans and a nice chianti :popcorn:
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the powerloader from the movie "Aliens".

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

My grandfather had no problems living on rice and rats, and none of his mates had any problem either.

If we dug for it we would find every military using donkeys, horses, or other biological robots with highly tuned intelligence, might as well learn to train chimps than this weird (with no new type or cost saving usage) prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by hanswu25 View Post
                        The problem with future mecha is always energy. This kind will not be deployed to the field soon.
                        What are you on about? Your response is as if they don't have solutions and aren't scheduled to impliment them, on top of ignoring external power solutions are acceptable for certain field applications.

The pictured model with powered arms is designed to be externally powered currently and the XOS 2 got power consumption down quite a bit from the XOS 1. These are basically for logistics and to reduce issues with orthopedic injuries associated with that, so don't need to self contained.
                        Last edited by FOG3; 13 Oct 10,, 20:06.

Comment

Working...
                        X