NHL 2010/11 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 2010/11 Season

Counting down the days now as we approach training camp, pre-season, and finally the first puck drop of the 10/11 season! My Flames have re-tooled (sort of) so hoping for good things!

Here's The Hockey News' prediction for the upcoming season, Oilers last in the West, you can't beat that!

The Hockey News: Special Features: The Hockey News 2010-11 NHL regular season predictions

GO FLAMES GO!

I'll be in Vegas for the Oct. 2nd pre-season game between the LA Kings and the Colorado Avs.

Go Kings!!!
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Might have to pony up for DVR/Center Ice this year for my Red Wings. Looks like I didn't miss much last year.

-dale

Comment

I refuse to watch hockey this year after what the Bruins did last season. I'll start watching them again when they make the Finals.

Comment

Go canucks!!!! All the way this year win the stanley cup and beat those lousy blackhawks

Comment

I guess we will have the same question every single year. Will this be Sharks' year? No other team has underachieved for as long and as consistently as the Sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              I guess we will have the same question every single year. Will this be Sharks' year? No other team has underachieved for as long and as consistently as the Sharks.
              So true...well maybe the Flames :madder: haha

I wasn't that worried about the Sharks this year, until last week. Niittymaki / Niemi combination should come close to replacing Nabakov, if they do it just right it could even be better. Still though, they're choke artists through and through haha.

Originally posted by canucklehead View Post
              Go canucks!!!! All the way this year win the stanley cup and beat those lousy blackhawks
              I AM worried about the 'Nucks this year. Pretty solid roster, although I'm not sold on your size/thoughness up front or on defense. You've got a ton of mid-level defenseman, but I'm not sure Ballard and Hamuis are 'the man"s you need for the top pairing.

Comment

Once again I'm gonna go with my beloved Rangers. I don't quite carry the torch for them as I do for the Giants or the Mets, but hockey is violent, so it's still fun to watch.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
                  So true...well maybe the Flames :madder: haha
                  Flames have been a one-man show since Iginla showed up. He has no support.

I wasn't that worried about the Sharks this year, until last week. Niittymaki / Niemi combination should come close to replacing Nabakov, if they do it just right it could even be better. Still though, they're choke artists through and through haha.
                  Nabakov is gone? I should start reading NHL news to get ready for the new season of fantasy hockey.

I AM worried about the 'Nucks this year. Pretty solid roster, although I'm not sold on your size/thoughness up front or on defense. You've got a ton of mid-level defenseman, but I'm not sure Ballard and Hamuis are 'the man"s you need for the top pairing.
                  Canucks are a two-men show, the Sedins. The team doesn't work if even one is missing. There's Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows, but they can't carry a team. There's Roberto Luongo, but he can't win without offensive support.

Comment

Flames have been a one-man show since Iginla showed up. He has no support.
                    This is true. And while this year we have perhaps the best secondary scoring group since the lockout (Jokinen, Tanguay, Bourque, Hagman, Stajan, Langkow, and Kotalik) we still lack the true No. 1 center that would allow Iggy to thrive.

Nabakov is gone? I should start reading NHL news to get ready for the new season of fantasy hockey.
                    Yes. And that's OUT OF THE LEAGUE as well, he took a contract in the KHL after the Sharks decided not to try and re-sign him.

Canucks are a two-men show, the Sedins. The team doesn't work if even one is missing. There's Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows, but they can't carry a team. There's Roberto Luongo, but he can't win without offensive support.
                    I'd be careful with the Sedins. It was true only a few years ago, but one of the brothers was out for a significant period of time last season, and it didn't greatly effect the play of the team or his brother. I think Vancouver probably has the most scoring potential on their top 3 forward lines in the West, and if their defense can handle to load, and Lou doesn't crap the bed this year, they have a very good chance at 1'st in the West. Just my opinion, because you know as a die-hard Flames fan, I hate the Canucks, and ALL of their players, and fans, and coaches...
                    Last edited by JA Boomer; 08 Sep 10,, 18:46.

Comment

as a die-hard Flames fan, I hate the Canucks, and ALL of their players, and fans, and coaches...
                      I thought you would hate the Oilers more.

Comment

I thought you would hate the Oilers more.
                        Mmm...it's a close call for sure! To be honest, the Battle of Alberta ain't much of a battle anymore, we beat them all 6 games last year which is the first time either team has swept the other. With Vancouver and Calgary having both been compeitive during the year since the lockout, they have developed a very big rivarly. Flames/Canucks games are more exciting, and much more physical than the Battle of Alberta these days. Edmonton APPEARS to be on the upswing though, so we'll see.

Comment

Dallas Stars goalie doesn't wear his Chuck Norris mask, it wears him

By Greg Wyshynski

If there's been a knock on Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, who signed a new three-year deal this summer, it's that he hasn't exactly been a model of fortitude. Groin injuries, back injuries, ankle injuries ... he's only appeared in more than 60 games in a season once since being drafted second overall in 2002.

So what better way to capture the spirit of courage, strength and steadfast confidence than by putting Chuck Norris on your new goalie mask?

Walker, Texas Ranger is on the new lid for Lehtonen, Dallas Goalie -- and it's one of the coolest new masks we've glimpsed so far this preseason.
                          Dallas Stars goalie doesn't wear his Chuck Norris mask, it wears him - Puck Daddy - NHL  - Yahoo! Sports
                          Attached Files

Comment

In all honesty probably going to be a dead year for us. Heavy rebuilding with a lot of youth after the team lost money last year supposedly. Brind'amour did the team a favor and retired, Ray Whitney moved to the west coast, our two bedrocks are Cam Ward and Eric Staal, and we signed Patrick O'Sullivan.

Comment

Working...
                            X