X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran state media call French first lady prostitute

Iran state media call French first lady prostitute
    13 mins ago

TEHRAN, Iran – Iranian state media called France's first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy a "prostitute" on Monday in an unusual attack on the wife of a world leader that shows deep anger over her support for an Iranian woman who faced death by stoning for adultery.

The wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy has condemned the stoning sentence against Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, which Iran suspended after an international outcry.

Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, could still face execution by hanging.

(This version CORRECTS Adds context, photos, corrects first lady's name to Bruni-Sarkozy, edits throughout)

Copyright © 2010 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

That's the way to make friends...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Oh come on. The media, especially British tabloids, just used better rhetorics when calling her the exact same thing for the past two years.

Comment

kato Reply

"Oh come on."

No. You "come on".

Show me where the BBC, London Times or Telegraph did so?

Show me how any who might have done so represent the official voice of their government?

Show me what this woman (ANY woman) has done to merit such defamation provided clearly in retort for her stance on a human rights issue of the highest magnitude?

"The Kayhan newspaper, whose editor is a representative of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, described Bruni-Sarkozy as a 'prostitute' on Saturday in an article headlined 'French prostitutes enter the human rights uproar.'

The state-owned news website inn.ir carried similar remarks on Monday."

Iran State Media Calls French First Lady Prostitute-WAPO Aug 30, 2010

Your comment is indefensible.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Kayhan has shamed more than just the regime by slandering Carla Bruni like this. They have shamed Iran and i fear that this particular issue might end up to be more damaging for the image of Iran and Iranians in the eyes of your average French citizen than the stoning sentence passed on Sakineh Ashtiani has been. In fact this deplorable slander i think will strike a nerve with ordinary people all over the World more than any political or human-rights issue related to Iran has done recently.

Comment

The British already have friends, they're not looking to make more
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
              The British already have friends, they're not looking to make more
              Islamic Republic has no friends and they don't know how it feels having one.;)

Comment

Maybe all these countries (there about 9 so far) these pathetic morons continue to insult should just all form line of battle and start hurling tact nukes at them. Bring this pathetic nonsense to an end once and for all. I know, I know, not the proper thing to say but what the hell.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                  Maybe all these countries (there about 9 so far) these pathetic morons continue to insult should just all form line of battle and start hurling tact nukes at them. Bring this pathetic nonsense to an end once and for all. I know, I know, not the proper thing to say but what the hell.
                  i remember on another thread i was advocating for a provision in the UN charter for 'itching' foes to slug it out. The UN picks a place and a time and a referee blows the 'start' whistle and rushes out of the scene. No civilians lost, no protracted attritions and elaborate negotiations. Within 24-48hrs the victor will be know and everybody goes home. We used to do this when we were little boys :).

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                    i remember on another thread i was advocating for a provision in the UN charter for 'itching' foes to slug it out. The UN picks a place and a time and a referee blows the 'start' whistle and rushes out of the scene. No civilians lost, no protracted attritions and elaborate negotiations. Within 24-48hrs the victor will be know and everybody goes home. We used to do this when we were little boys :).
                    Yeah, I remember. Not about its asshole government and their "dreamed about rules," its about the people of Persia not Iran. We all look foward to the future and a day where these men are in jail because they are terrorists not leaders in any sense of the word. They dont respect (the rhetoric is a clear enough sign) so therefore they will never be respected. The world is a shrinking place and the no doubt they will shrink among it as well. But make no mistake there will indeed come a day.;)
                    Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Sep 10,, 04:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                      I could live with that. There are plenty empty deserts around, and me and my mates have trained plenty for desert warfare. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                        I could live with that. There are plenty empty deserts around, and me and my mates have trained plenty for desert warfare. Bring it on!
                        *Only problem is, that particular regime, like the many groups of terrorists they fund (Hamas, Hezbolla etc etc) dont see things that way. They hide and attack both the innocent and recognizable troops in ambush because they wouldn't last a moment on an open battlefield with the gloves off and they know this quite well.

The only way they survive is by their enemies higher moral values and thats about it. In an all out battle with the gloves off they would get steamrolled by any one of the countries they insult.

Funny thing would be if all nine attacked at once. Who's going to stop them and since being a group of countries who are they going to point the fingers at with any relative meaning.;)
                        Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Sep 10,, 17:50.

Comment

Working...
                        X