Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok since we are san's battlehip firepower ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok since we are san's battlehip firepower ...

what do we have in navel gunfire support if our troops need targets softened up or when we need to cover and invasion???

This has already been described and defined in past topics. I would suggest pageing back a few and looking for those topics.;)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by THOMAS81Z View Post
      what do we have in navel gunfire support if our troops need targets softened up or when we need to cover and invasion???
      To summarize, battleship naval gunfire support in the US has been replaced by air power (guided bombs) and sea launched missiles, with the possible use of naval 5" guns (though the shorter range of these and the relatively high value ships they are on makes them less likely to be used this way). Opposed amphibious operations are not likely to be undertaken (they would land with helicopters where there were no orgainized defenses). A few rounds of these modern guided weapons can now accomplish what it took many unguided rounds to do in WWII. Hardened defenses, within 23 miles of the sea, which would require battleship guns to defeat, are not very common on todays battlefields.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by THOMAS81Z View Post
        Actually, we never did have navEl gunfire support. Some lint from our tee shirts maybe, but no guns in our belly buttons.

Sorry. I just couldn't help it. Must be the heat.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Wasn't there a villian "girl" in a Bond movie with a navel gun
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            Reminds me of the fembots from Austin Powers with the "machine gun jummblies".
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

I saw this Lady Gaga Alejandro video on TV the other day, it looks like she has a pair of AR 15's mounted in a stategic location at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA&feature=av2e

I was impressed how she composed such a potentially controversial piece - sort of like Madonna, Micheal Jackson, Dr Who's cybermen, most every sexual persuation and more all in less than 9 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                Better than that, Ursula Andress played a professional assasin and used guns in the nipple covers of her bra.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

You guys crack me up...

Comment

Working...
                  X