No announcement yet.

improved sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Street @ high noon, with a brass band!
    CADPIPE

Comment

If they are going to spend loads of money upgrading what they already have, why not look for a replacement, there are a lot of other weapons out there that already have what they want as standard, the advantages are obvious no or very little need to replace worn barrels/parts for a couple of years etc etc. The added bonus would be that the US surplus market would have some quality rifles to offer :-)
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Who knows why they do half of what they do, but here is some more info about the plan... Sniper rifle improvements to see testing this spring
        CADPIPE

Comment

Wonder what happened to my icons? Anyway, wonder why they just don't take the plunge to .338 lapua and buy the Barrett Barrett. Since i no longer have icons (big grin)
          CADPIPE

Comment

It would make way too much sense! Why mess with the Win. Mag. when one can upgrade, way upgrade to the Lapua. The practice rounds are just a bit pricey!

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
              Wonder what happened to my icons? Anyway, wonder why they just don't take the plunge to .338 lapua and buy the Barrett Barrett. Since i no longer have icons (big grin)
              That would be my option. Makes sense, but.....
              Originally posted by surfgun View Post
              It would make way too much sense! Why mess with the Win. Mag. when one can upgrade, way upgrade to the Lapua. The practice rounds are just a bit pricey!
              And that is probably closer to the reason. Defense budget cutbacks are going to cause the revival and re-tooling of lots of stuff i fear.

Comment

already upgraded to .338 lapua

These guys are already upgrading the M24 to .338 lapua, Bet they get in on the bidding, all they need to do is add a couple side rails, for the accessories, you know, to attach the I phone, the laser, the flashlight, the MP3 player.......

http://vandykerifles.com/m24.htm
                Last edited by cadpipe; 18 Aug 10,, 14:38. Reason: forgot the link
                CADPIPE

Comment

These guys are already upgrading the M24 to .338 lapua, Bet they get in on the bidding, all they need to do is add a couple side rails, for the accessories, you know, to attach the I phone, the laser, the flashlight, the MP3 player.......

M24 Custom Supermagnum .338 Lapua Rifle by Van Dyke Rifle Designs
                  Heh! The M24 is now worth a damn!!

I phone is right! Remember the ballistics trajectory, sniping for dummies, Iphone attachment that someone posted a while back? That was it for me, it is no longer work or talent that make you a long-ranger.

Comment

Had the Army solved issues with its M110?
                    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

'one shot and one kill' is really great word..

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                        Had the Army solved issues with its M110?
                        this article about the M110 is from June USA Fielding M110 7.62mm Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
                        Last edited by cadpipe; 26 Aug 10,, 13:52. Reason: wrong month
                        CADPIPE

Comment

SAW, M-240 GMPG, plus 1-2 DMR per squad? US grunts look more like Russian Motor Rifle squad by the month. The "problems" I am referring to, though, are the lack of accuracy, reliability issues and susceptibility to overheating reported by some end-users of M-110. I am hoping they have solved those bugs, but I suspect the problems reported had something to do with SOCOM's decision to purchase SCAR-H Sniper Rifles.
                          All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                          -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Remington version?

found this video, maybe a remington version of the enhanced M24 ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11OR9b1RWw
                            Last edited by cadpipe; 24 Sep 10,, 15:20.
                            CADPIPE

Comment

found this video, maybe a remington version of the enhanced M24 ;)
                              Whut video???

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                                Whut video???
                                Damn! :roflmao: I went back and added it to the original post. That is almost as bad as one guy was telling my friend, he went to a sniper competition where they had to hike 10 miles into the course, he got there and realized he had the wrong caliber ammo.
                                CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
                                X