No announcement yet.

Favorite scene from a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sure don't make movies like this anymore.... CGI is for wimps.

the charge of the light brigade
    Last edited by xinhui; 01 Aug 10,, 23:44.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

well you don't get away with killing thirty horses for such scenes nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by chender View Post
        Embedding disabled but here is the link to Deniro and Pacino in Heat having a 'cup of coffee'. Intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYSzx...ext=1&index=11

For some reason, Al Pacino killed that movie for me.

He was over-acting the whole movie but that scene you described was very good because Deniro carried that whole scene.

Comment

Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            well you don't get away with killing thirty horses for such scenes nowadays.
            I don't think any horses were killed or seriously injured. Movie wranglers train special horses to fall over. It starts with a tripping line on a front hoof, slow pace, lots of straw to land on. Eventually the horse learns to do it himself on voice command, even while at full gallop. In many spots of that scene, the stuntmen called the trip command a tad early having the horses roll over BEFORE the pot charge (cannon ball) exploded. Others you can see the horses starting to get back up but quick editing to the next scene doesn't show them get all the way back up.

Actually, that entire scene probably took several days, maybe weeks, to shoot the distance shots, close-ups, etc. They couldn't afford to lose too many horses and stunt riders all in a one day shoot.

Though in the early days of movies, many horses (as well as other livestock) were killed until the SPCA moved in. But with horses, you also have a rider that needs to know which way the horse will fall so he can fall the OTHER way. A full grown horse rolling over you can be a bit painful.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

According to imdb:

[QUOTE]Unlike the rest of Errol Flynn's blockbuster films, because of the use of trip wires and the number of horses killed in the film, "The Charge Of The Light Brigade" was never re-released by Warner Brothers. /QUOTE]

The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936) - Trivia

According to the same page also a stuntman was killed during the sequence.

Comment

Thanks Tarek Morgen -- the dead horses is the reason I remembered the film.
                “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

My pick for favourite scene.

Makes the room temperature fall 25º

Comment

[QUOTE=Tarek Morgen;749906]According to imdb:

Unlike the rest of Errol Flynn's blockbuster films, because of the use of trip wires and the number of horses killed in the film, "The Charge Of The Light Brigade" was never re-released by Warner Brothers. /QUOTE]

The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936) - Trivia

According to the same page also a stuntman was killed during the sequence.
                    I concede to better research. Good job.

I forgot how old that movie was (the year I was born) and in those days there was a lot of cruelty to animals. The only time I ever saw it was on TV once or twice - in black and white. Actually once in a colorized version that was so bold in color I was thinking of wearing sun glasses.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                      :))

Comment

[QUOTE=RustyBattleship;749916]
                        Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                        According to imdb:

I concede to better research. Good job.

I forgot how old that movie was (the year I was born) and in those days there was a lot of cruelty to animals. The only time I ever saw it was on TV once or twice - in black and white. Actually once in a colorized version that was so bold in color I was thinking of wearing sun glasses.
                        I always hated the colorized version of old movies. Using modern technology to restore a better video quality (like it was recently done with Metropolis), that is fine, but please don't use these ugly colors.

What I liked about the 36 version is how the motif of Rule Britannia is worked into the score, usually whenever the Union Jack is shown on screen.

Comment

Ok, female posting here! Yes, from a chick flick - When Harry Met Sally! The restaurant scene where Meg Ryan is faking an orgasm and Rob Reiner's mom, as a customer says "I'll have what she's having!"
                          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                          sigpic

Comment

Indeed, an awesome scene
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Indeed, an awesome scene
                              I'm going to assume that you posted the video from my post. I'm at work and can't view any videos from youtube! A very awesome scene! lol Very realistic I might add!
                              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                              "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                                Ok, female posting here! Yes, from a chick flick - When Harry Met Sally! The restaurant scene where Meg Ryan is faking an orgasm and Rob Reiner's mom, as a customer says "I'll have what she's having!"
                                Please,Southie, this is a serious thread. Don't lie to us. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X