Originally posted by BD1 View Post
    just couple of scenes

final lap from Le Mans movie
    Good man.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
      Good man.

IMDB - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Trivia

The infamous scene in which Indy shoots a marauding and flamboyant swordsman was not in the original script. Harrison Ford was supposed to use his whip to get the swords out of his attacker's hands, but the food poisoning he and the rest of the crew had gotten made him too sick to perform the stunt. After several unsuccessful tries, Ford suggested "shooting the sucker." Steven Spielberg immediately took up the idea and the scene was successfully filmed.
      In Temple of Doom they parodied this scene with two swordsmen and Indy reaching for his gun only to realize he dropped it a while back.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The "Rescue Morpheus" scene from The Matrix is one of my favs.

YF- I'm with you on GB&U. "There are two kinds of people in this world, those with guns and those who dig. You dig." :))
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Two from one of my favorites.

Comment

Northwest Passage - Great Hollywood Lesson of Leadership

The Wind and The Lion

Jingoistic as hell and American Imperialism at its worst but its an awesome early 20th Century Thunder Run

Yeah, its Hollywood, but it made a huge impression on a 10 year old when I first saw it....and I still love it

I just about wet my pants laughing at this everytime I watch it!!

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
              Full Metal Jacket-

There is absolute special place in my heart for that movie. I can't think of anyone that could have done that better than R. Lee, even my own drill in basic and he was tough one. He was a Marine drill, and when the Marines told him he couldn't be a drill anymore, he switched to the Army and they put him straightaway into Ft. McClellan MP OSUT. 16 Weeks of getting rode by that guy, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comment

I love Full Metal Jacket just because I like comparing it to my Basic training experience. Not as much yelling and cursing.

You're right, 7th, I loved every single second of Basic (in retrospect, at the time it was fairly hard), and I would go back now and do it in a split second.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

@albany rifles

to show youtube videos here you must not copy the whole url, but only the last part of it (after the v= )

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndqvy...eature=related

has to be:

ndqvye8sbc8

I took the liberty and fixed your links in this quote:

Originally posted by albany rifles View Post
                  northwest passage - great hollywood lesson of leadership

the wind and the lion

jingoistic as hell and american imperialism at its worst but its an awesome early 20th century thunder run

yeah, its hollywood, but it made a huge impression on a 10 year old when i first saw it....and i still love it

i just about wet my pants laughing at this everytime i watch it!!

edit: checked the links again, for me everything works now
                  Last edited by Tarek Morgen; 26 Jul 10,, 00:26.

Comment

Wanna go over them links one more time? Still nothin' showing up

Comment

Thanks for the tech support, guys!

Its all Shek's fault...he taught me!
                      Mark Twain

Comment

I absolutely LOVED that scene in "The Wind and the Lion". That was the best of the only two parts of the movie worth remembering. The other worthwhile part(s) is that Brian Kieth played the most accurate version of Theodore Roosevelt ever. He had the look and also had the voice.

The worst of course was Sean Connery playing an Arab Chieftan with a Scottish accent.
                        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Two scenes from True Lies. Can't find the clips for them, so I will attempt to describe them.

1. The opening scene from Ahnold sneaking into the secured compound all the way to the escape down the snowy slope. He actually reloaded his Glock before emptying the magazine! The best part was when he told Tom Arnold: "could you lean back a second?" BLAM! BLAM! Two more guards fell down.

2. Tom Arnold tried to stop Aziz from escaping just outside the mall. Aziz turned around and let loose a mag of AK47 rounds. Tom Arnold hid his fat ass behind a lamp post that's only 1/3 of his profile. All the rounds either miss completely or impacted on the lamp post. Tom emerged from behind the lamp post, checked over his body, taps his crotch, and then blows a kiss to the lamp post.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                            I absolutely LOVED that scene in "The Wind and the Lion". That was the best of the only two parts of the movie worth remembering. The other worthwhile part(s) is that Brian Kieth played the most accurate version of Theodore Roosevelt ever. He had the look and also had the voice.

The worst of course was Sean Connery playing an Arab Chieftan with a Scottish accent.

Rusty....spot on. I think he is one of the great underated actors.

He nailed it here and in The Russians are Coming!
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Another great scene from Apocalypse Now...

Comment

Embedding disabled but here is the link to Deniro and Pacino in Heat having a 'cup of coffee'. Intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYSzx...ext=1&index=11

Comment

Working...
                                X