Lebron makes a career choice and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron makes a career choice and.....

in typical fashion, many folks make just waytoo much of it. C'mon folks, he is a BASKETBALL PLAYER!

But anyway, while trying to ignore the story, I happened upon this headline from Fox Sports this morning. I thought it entertaining in the aspect that one racist idiot, decided to criticize another racist idiot. If we could get these guys to go ahead and destroy each other, i think we'd be better for it.

Jesse Jackson way off base on LeBron James - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

Jackson way off base on LeBron

I could pretend Jesse Jackson speaks for such a tiny minority that his inflammatory, predictable and misguided remarks about LeBron James and Dan Gilbert are unworthy of rebuke.

But then, I’d have to ignore the mountain of e-mails that poured into my laptop from African-American brothers and sisters making the same argument.

Jesse has a constituency, a passionate group of idiots who believe the best way to combat white-wing political bigots such as Limbaugh and Hannity is with black-wing political bigotry.
    And so, in defense of LeBron’s narcissistic ego explosion and Gilbert’s emotional reaction to it, Jesse compared Gilbert to an 18th-century slave owner.

“His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality,” Jackson said in a statement released Sunday. “(Gilbert) sees LeBron as a runaway slave.”
    Just couldn't help but throw his hat in the "stupid" ring! Heh, heh.....

Jason Whitlock is cool. He's not the typical black victicrat who blames the whiteys for every ill of the black community.

Gilbert was an idiot for the way he reacted. He's like a 3 year old who had his lollipop taken away by his big sister.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Jason Whitlock is cool. He's not the typical black victicrat who blames the whiteys for every ill of the black community.
      But Limbaugh and Hannity are "white-wing political bigots"? His words, not mine. So what am I missing here? Did I read that in the wrong tone or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        But Limbaugh and Hannity are "white-wing political bigots"? His words, not mine. So what am I missing here? Did I read that in the wrong tone or something?
        He also refers to Jesse Jackson and the minions as "black-wing political bigots."

I thought the "white-wing" phrase was actually very witty.

Comment

Jesse Jackson lives high on the hog stirring up racial tensions. If there's a slaving master, it's him. He's been keeping impressional youths in lives of poverty for his own gain.
          F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
            Jesse Jackson lives high on the hog stirring up racial tensions. If there's a slaving master, it's him. He's been keeping impressional youths in lives of poverty for his own gain.
            And him and Sharpton (amongst others) never apologized for everything they said in the Duke lacrosse scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
              I may have to take back what I said about Whitlock. I read a more recent column by him and he was ranting about NCAA being formed by a white racist conservative who wanted to enslave the blacks (or something like that). NCAA was formed 50 years ago when blacks were that dominant in sports. The principle is still pretty much the same, but now that blacks are dominant in collegiate sports, this institution is now a "plantation."

Whitlock is a liberal victicrat just like Jackson.

Comment

I may have to take back what I said about Whitlock. I read a more recent column by him and he was ranting about NCAA being formed by a white racist conservative who wanted to enslave the blacks (or something like that). NCAA was formed 50 years ago when blacks were that dominant in sports. The principle is still pretty much the same, but now that blacks are dominant in collegiate sports, this institution is now a "plantation."

Whites far far far outnumber blacks in collegiate sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
                  Whites far far far outnumber blacks in collegiate sports.
                  Not in any that makes money

Comment

I can spot 'em from a mile a way brother. I figured you'd see it sooner or later.;)

Comment

Not in any that makes money
                      over Division I, II, and III football and basketball? I'd still say the whites are majority

just I-A football I'd say there are more whites (there's 120 schools multiplied by how many ever players, yeah it counts Miami but it also counts Miami of Ohio)

even in Division I basketball, you have around 320 schools, although blacks are probably majority, a lot of those schools the only people that play at the school are white; Northern Iowa which made the Sweet 16 I think was an all-white team, how many blacks you think are there that play basketball in the Big Sky Conference?
                      Last edited by rj1; 29 Jul 10,, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
                        And him and Sharpton (amongst others) never apologized for everything they said in the Duke lacrosse scandal.
                        Al Sharpton is an asshole. Guy appears on talk shows simply to remain "relevant" and I wish people would stop inviting him on their programs and he would fade into obscirity.

As far as Lebron goes - he'll never be "The Man" after this move. He isn't even the man on his own team. Kevin Durant might be the heir apparent to take the title from Kobe.

Comment

The Heat will either cruise to the NBA title next year, or explode from so much ego being crammed into a single team. I wonder how well James, Bosh, and Wade can work together, on the same time, at the same time. There's only one ball and so many shots per game. Someone will need to check his ego at the door and be a supporting player.

Lakers had O'Neal, Bryant, and Glen Rice at the same time. That was very difficult for Rice. Lakers then had O'Neal, Bryant, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone. They never won with that squad.

Comment

The Heat will either cruise to the NBA title next year, or explode from so much ego being crammed into a single team. I wonder how well James, Bosh, and Wade can work together, on the same time, at the same time. There's only one ball and so many shots per game. Someone will need to check his ego at the door and be a supporting player.

Lakers had O'Neal, Bryant, and Glen Rice at the same time. That was very difficult for Rice. Lakers then had O'Neal, Bryant, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone. They never won with that squad.
                            Not a bad summary from a hockey player.;)

Comment

Indeed. Malone and Payton were totally useless though IMO. Malone clearly was trying to ride Shaq to a title after he became another NBA great who was a casualty of Michael Jordan. Maybe he was really that lost without Stockton there to pass him the ball.

I think Bosh will take a step back, but Lebron probably has it in his head he needs to be The Man. If he does, him and Wade will fight for control. The East belongs to the Celtics until they beat them in the playoffs. For a team who barely lost to the Lakers last year in the worst Game 7 in NBA history from both teams, many people have written them off. Must be the age thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X