Ah! Just went Wifi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah! Just went Wifi!

This is the lazy-asses dream. WABbing, all tucked in my bed. Got a Linksys router/modem/accesspoint in one. It was the last day of the offer, got it for 275dh! Had to go from all the different branches of the ISP, trying to find a place where theres a branch with it in stock.

Now to get devices that hook onto wifi :D

=)) Wi-fi's poping up all over the place, I can see 5 networks from my bedroom(including my own). =) Go to places like Coffee Bean and Starbucks all you ever see are people on their laptops being anti-social, haha guility.

Comment

damn thats one expensive wifi set you have. I got my G router for $45 a long time back.
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Well Dubai's Etisalat has a monopoly. And this was their "special offer", selling at half price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
          damn thats one expensive wifi set you have. I got my G router for $45 a long time back.
          yeah, i thought so too. I've seen some for like $20ish now days.

Comment

if u think thats expensive check this out. I pay 300 Dh. ~~ 80$ for 512kbps/down and 128kbps up !

2Mbps goes upto 1000Dh. 1US$ = 3.68 Dh. There's only ONE ISP in the entire country. But now prices would go slightly down. WTO requirements are forcing them to end monopolies. so YAY!

Comment

Err..you dont need to be dependant on your ISP to get a wireless modem in the US.
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

haha but then they'd charge me 50 bucks monthly, since I have one rented from them. I can only return it to them once I have proof that a modem has been bought through them.

Comment

Working...
                X