Highway Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Music

My stop brother and I were having a conversation and we invented a musical genre (doubtless invented before by other people as well) called Highway Music. This type of music is the kind of song you can play going 140kmh down an empty highway at full volume with the top down/all the windows open.

So far a couple I've managed to come up with are:

Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor

Hinder - Take Me Home Tonight

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild

Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You

The Used - Burning Down The House

Like I said, these are all best when played at extremely loud volumes, regardless of neighbors. I know there's plenty more out there, I wanna hear what you guys think are the ultimate Highway Music songs. S-2, Bigfella, BD-1, I'm lookin at you guys mainly. Wadda you say?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

140kmh down an empty highway
    and what music do you play when you drive fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
      I was thinking the same. Empty highway, check sky for helicopters,..LET'S GO

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        I was thinking the same. Empty highway, check sky for helicopters,..LET'S GO
        Or just pick a country without a fixed speed limit *g*

Comment

I havent a driving license much less a car, only a rickshaw, but if I did I would have an old skool Nova or Mini and I would be crankin old skool Slayer, Megadeath or anything raunchy.

Comment

bigross86 Reply

"I wanna hear what you guys think are the ultimate Highway Music songs."

There are the trite stereotypes-Highway Star, I Can't Drive...55, Radar Love, Red Barchetta, Wipe-Out, Little Deuce Coupe etc.- but anything generally works (excepting SWMNBN) when amped on a fast car, hot woman, better living through modern chemistry and too-much booze.

Those are the stereotypes.

For myself I like empty roads, empty land and empty mournful music. Dunno why. Sorta the antithesis of what many imagine for highway music I suppose. Neil Young writes stuff that works for me in the big nothin'. So too Dylan from Highway 61 or Blonde on Blonde. Depends.

Spent a lot of time in my life driving long, long distances alone and still deeply relish the solitude. Can't find any good versions of a couple songs that I'd liked to have posted.

Probably just bum everybody out anyway...
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Comment

Dude, in Israel the highway speed limit in most places is 90kmh (one road has 110) When I was in Oz I was driving around a Toyota Hiace loaded with merchandise. I was hitting that thing for all it was worth on an empty stretch in the middle of Central Outback, and it barely reached the 160km mark, and that was on plain, flat stretches of road.

It's all relative, here 140 will get your license suspended and a very hefty fine.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

speed limit in most places is 90kmh
                  wow that is..not very fast, then again Israel is not very big and driving faster might cause you to shot over the border...

140km/h is almost "normal travel speed". Fast starts around 170 to 180 and is rather open ended upwards. Though it is not like you can drive on all of the Autobahn that fast. Around half of it has local speed limits (usually from 80 to 120) but there are still quite a few places were you can easily reach the 200 mark.

But this Topic is about music while driving at relative high speed and not about why driving is more fun in Germany so here my contribution:

Comment

Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot

Electric Light Orchestra - Poker

Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 Of A Mile In 10 Seconds
                    "Nature abhors a moron." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

ELO. Fire On High

BOSTON. Foreplay/Longtime

Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Hoedown

FLATT & SCRUGGS. Foggy Mountain Breakdown

AC/DC. Thunderstruck

Any Good Fife & Drum Music
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Or just pick a country without a fixed speed limit *g*
                        Indeed. I once lived in such a Country. It was at a time where only a Border stopped you going any further(or maybe a couple of thousand East German guards):)) If memory serves, Eric had his beloved Merc and I had an Opel Commodore 2.5 and then a Manta.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                          "I wanna hear what you guys think are the ultimate Highway Music songs."

There are the trite stereotypes-Highway Star, I Can't Drive...55, Radar Love, Red Barchetta, Wipe-Out, Little Deuce Coupe etc.- but anything generally works (excepting SWMNBN) when amped on a fast car, hot woman, better living through modern chemistry and too-much booze.

Those are the stereotypes.

For myself I like empty roads, empty land and empty mournful music. Dunno why. Sorta the antithesis of what many imagine for highway music I suppose. Neil Young writes stuff that works for me in the big nothin'. So too Dylan from Highway 61 or Blonde on Blonde. Depends.

Spent a lot of time in my life driving long, long distances alone and still deeply relish the solitude. Can't find any good versions of a couple songs that I'd liked to have posted.

Probably just bum everybody out anyway...
                          +1 Dude,+1 ;)
                          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                            My stop brother and I were having a conversation and we invented a musical genre (doubtless invented before by other people as well) called Highway Music.
                            ..uh...what is a stop brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                              ..uh...what is a stop brother?
                              Thats PC for dyslexic brother
                              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X