X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern subguns: suppressed MP5 (I so want one) and a P90S

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: MP5SD-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: P90S-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The guy was so impressed that I came all the way from California that he gave me a freebie to shoot. The G36 was slow and loud.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: G36-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Comment

Two classic machine guns: MG42 and M2. We should have just copied MG42 and rechambered it for 7.62x51mm instead of coming up with the M60 and then moving to M240.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: MG42-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: M2HB-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Comment

Here's a guy letting loose a full belt. I don't know what type of machine gun this was.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: long_burst-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Comment

it tooks like a PKM to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              Here's the Thompson and the Grease Gun. The Thompson really sounded like a typewriter. The M3A1 was so slow it was almost comical.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: Thompson-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: M3A1-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket
              The M3 was slow, but aside from that, I don't trust a submachine gun or rifle that you support by the magazine. I've seen US forces hold their M-16's by the pistol grip and front of the magazine, we hold them from the pistol grip and the handguards.

I've seen magazine that shoot a couple rounds and fall right out because they had been bent on the lips. If that happens when you're going full auto, even on a slow gun like the M-3, it's asking for trouble...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                The M3 was slow, but aside from that, I don't trust a submachine gun or rifle that you support by the magazine. I've seen US forces hold their M-16's by the pistol grip and front of the magazine, we hold them from the pistol grip and the handguards.

I've seen magazine that shoot a couple rounds and fall right out because they had been bent on the lips. If that happens when you're going full auto, even on a slow gun like the M-3, it's asking for trouble...
                Notice in the video I tried to hold the M3A1 by the mag well (I got that from holding an AR type rifle) and was corrected to hold it by the magazine. It was pretty unnatural.

Comment

One of my favorite stories, I think I might have told this somewhere else on the board:

One of our first weeks during basic we were out on the firing range, regular M-16A1's. One of the soldiers (not the brightest, as you soon will see) stepped up to the firing line, put the magazine in and got ready to shoot. When given the command to fire, he pulled on the trigger and nothing happened. Turned out he hadn't put the magazine in all the way, so when he loaded his gun it didn't grab a bullet.

At the moment he has a gun with a magazine that looks like it's in, even though it's not, and no bullet in the chamber, even though the firing port is open and he pulled back on the loading handle.

With great indignation he then turns around, with his "loaded" M-16, to the officer running the range and says, "Sir, it's not working!"

Whoever wasn't on the firing line disappeared faster than a pint of draft put before Tankie. Those of us on the firing line hit the deck harder than a ton of bricks. Needless to say, he didn't continue through much more of Basic after that. He was transferred to one of those jobs where the closest thing you get to a gun is the girl next to you's hair dryer.
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by wellman View Post
                    Is that what it's called? I thought it was Soviet/Russian, just couldn't recall the name. I tried RPK, PRK, MDK, DPRK, PPK,...none of them looked like it. :))

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                      Two classic machine guns: MG42 and M2. We should have just copied MG42 and rechambered it for 7.62x51mm instead of coming up with the M60 and then moving to M240.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: MG42-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: M2HB-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket
                      MG42 rechambered (and bit modded)is MG3, mainstay of many countries till this day
                      Modern Firearms - MG 42 and MG 3 machine gun

ISTR that US tried to copy MG42 during WW2, but there was a problem converting metric measurement to imperial. If true, then itīs rather lame explanation

You seemed to enjoy yourself there :)
                      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                        MG42 rechambered (and bit modded)is MG3, mainstay of many countries till this day
                        See, great minds think alike. The MG3 is still in service today.

ISTR that US tried to copy MG42 during WW2, but there was a problem converting metric measurement to imperial. If true, then itīs rather lame explanation
                        We tried to copy the MG42 but it ended up being the M60. You know how that goes. Military issues a requirement. Pentagon solicits bids. Idiots on the hill get wind of the project and add some stuff to the mix. We end up with something far more complex and doesn't perform nearly as well as the original idea.

Very...

Comment

Originally posted by wellman View Post
                          Good eye. It is actually a PKMS though. The S means its mounted (stabilized) this designation is given for tripods as well.

It is a PKM with long flashhider, which wasn't a particular option, probably installed by L&L MGs, tulsa OK, who owns it.

A little more detail here, the PK had a fluted barrel and was heavier. The PKM(modified) had a lighter barrel and re-enforced stampings in the feed tray.

Comment

The M60 really only copied the feed mechanism of the MG42. They should have copied the barrel change mech as well because the 60 sucked in that area. The MG42 was super practical in that sense.

Comment

Gunnut, 7th,
                              i meant that one :
                              The problem was when Ordnance tried to direct copy the MG-42 in .30 Caliber. Saginaw made the T24 but didnt convert the measurements correctly. The reciever was too short for the cartridge

From Ian Hoggs "Then Complete Machinegun" 1979

"At one stage there was a possibility that the US might have gone into production with a copy of the German MG-42, as they were so impressed with it. A company was given some MG-42s and a contract to develop a copy as the US T24 machine-gun. After about a year's work two guns were built but their test was a fiasco. What started out as a 'ten thousand round endurance test' came to a stop after just over 1000 rounds had been fired with 50 stoppages. Investigation showed that a draughtsman had made a small error in dimensioning the gun, with the result that the body was a quarter of an inch too short, leading in turn to various malfunctions. The amount of redesign needed to sort this out was considered to be not worthwhile, and the project was cancelled.

After that inauspicious start several other projects were initiated, but it was not until the acceptance of the 7.62 mm NATO cartridge that serious work could begin. Once the cartridge was agreed, the M60 machine-gun took shape. Much of the design was taken from German originals. The gas system and rotating bolt came from the Parachutist Automatic Rifle [Fallschirmjager Gewehr FG42], and the belt-feed system fromthe MG-42."

(from this German Fallshirmjager FG42 )
                              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Working...
                              X