Oklahoma full auto shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brownings

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I love German weapons

Comment

crates o' ammo

Comment

Soviet 12.7mm I think...a cheap knock off of the Ma Duece...

Comment

Always did like the .50.

What I wanna know is who's the poor bastard whose job it is to clean up all the brass?
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Is that a STG-43 next to the "dash k"?
              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                Soviet 12.7mm I think...a cheap knock off of the Ma Duece...

Nah the DshK is a very solid gun firing 12.7x108mm rounds and descends from a totally different lineage from the M2. Its a bit lighter with a slightly higher rate of fire vs the M2HB. Also I don't know if it has the head-space timing timing requirements of the M2. If the barrel is lug and play that is a big plus.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  Nah the DshK is a very solid gun firing 12.7x108mm rounds and descends from a totally different lineage from the M2. Its a bit lighter with a slightly higher rate of fire vs the M2HB. Also I don't know if it has the head-space timing timing requirements of the M2. If the barrel is lug and play that is a big plus.
                  All 50 cal machineguns are cheap knock-offs of the M2.;)

This one never did fire correctly that day. It supposedly worked for a while in the morning. It was not in working condition when we were there. The guy tried to clear the constant jamming problem and accidentally let off a round that was stuck in the chamber. It startled him because the firing line was shut down so the range workers could reset some targets.
                  Last edited by gunnut; 02 Jul 10,, 17:54.

Comment

Here are my thoughts on each of the weapons I tried:

I shot the M1919 and the MG42 first. I liked the MG42. I thought it was a good weapon, especially because it was on bipod and I could aim at something I want to hit. The M1919 was stationary and I couldn't swivel it.

Then I moved on to an M-16 (suppressed). It was very easy to handle. I didn't know it was suppressed (I thought it was, but wasn't sure) until 7thsfsniper told me.

I had to compare the M-16 to its arch rival, so I shot the AK-47 next. It fired faster than I imagined and the muzzle jump was more than I imagined.

After that it was the Thompson. I was not used to a gun fired from the open bolt position and took a glance at it. Then I remembered reading about it. It cycled much faster than I thought. It was quite controllable and pleasant to shoot.

The M3 Grease gun was next so I could compare the two. It was an interesting experience to fire something automatic yet cycled so slow. I thought the muzzle jump was more than the Thompson due to the lack of weight. But the slow rate of fire made it easier to control.

Then it was modern subgun time. I shot a plain Jane MP5. There was something wrong with the magazine because it jammed every other round. The guy ended up dumping almost half the magazine on the ground. He felt bad so he went to get another one for me.

This was the coolest gun of the day for me. The replacement was a MP5SD. It barely made any sound at all, compared to everything else around me. If I were the only one shooting, I would remove my earplugs just to listen to it. It was very controllable, and quite fast.

The last one I bought rounds for was the P90S. I just had to try the Stargate gun. It was very very fast. I gave it 2 quick trigger pulls and 30 rounds disappeared. It was quite controllable. It was very compact. It handled well other than the initial shouldering, since the left thumb goes just in front of the right index finger, around the loop. Very ergonomic, yet very strange.

I thanked the guy and told him I came here from California just to shoot machine guns. He said "really? you stay right here." He turned around to get another gun for me to shoot. He came back with a G36. I had thought about shooting this one but didn't buy rounds for it.

The G36 was bulky, yet very light and ergonomic. There were 2 sights on the rifle. One was the integral optic sight with crosshair and maybe 1.5x magnification. Another small red dot sight was added on top of it. I used the red dot sight since the field of view was larger. The G36 was very loud and cycled slower than the M16. I was not too bad with it. It wasn't as easy to control as the suppressed M16, but I thought it felt more comfortable to shoulder.

The last one I shot was the M2 machine gun. I only bought 10 rounds for it because that was the minimum and cost $45. The guy adjusted the TnE for me so I could hit one of the cars out there. It was everything I imagined it to be. It cycled slow and made a deep, thumping noise, unlike all the other guns out there. The tripod made it very stable.

Comment

Sounds like fun gunnut.

So have you calculated the average cost-per-round for the trip?
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        All 50 cal machineguns are cheap knock-offs of the M2.;)

This one never did fire correctly that day. It supposedly worked for a while in the morning. It was not in working condition when we were there. The guy tried to clear the constant jamming problem and accidentally let off a round that was stuck in the chamber. It startled him because the firing line was shut down so the range workers could reset some targets.
                        Sounds like a good time was had by all and that is the way it should be. however, the ones I have been to, some one would have had his ass handed to him if he dared approach a weapon when the firing line is closed. I know i was not there so I do not know all the info, but that is exactly the kind of thing that anti gunners would use to shut those events down. Thankfully no one got hurt and everyone there learned the lesson.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                          Sounds like fun gunnut.

new meaning to round-trip

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                            Sounds like fun gunnut.

I think I fired 400 rounds total out of the automatic weapons.

Plane ticket: $350
                            checked bag: $25
                            gun rental + ammo: $250

400/625 = $0.64/round

Not bad at all. Plus I drank 7thsfsniper's beer.

Comment

Let's see if these work. I uploaded videos to photobucket.

Here's the suppressed M16 and a stock AK47. The recoil of the AK47 surprised me a little. It was also faster than I thought.

All videos were taken by 7thsfsniper.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: M16-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: AK47-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket
                              Last edited by gunnut; 07 Jul 10,, 18:27.

Comment

Here's the Thompson and the Grease Gun. The Thompson really sounded like a typewriter. The M3A1 was so slow it was almost comical.

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: Thompson-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Oklahoma full auto shoot :: M3A1-1.mp4 video by blurr91 - Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X