Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best sniper rifle

Banned

Best sniper rifle

What's the best Sniper rifle today? (In your opinion). I found a great website for sniping, here's sniper rifles http://www.snipercentral.com/rifles.htm

my picks > USMC M40A3 and Parker-Hale M-85 and Patriot Arms Genesis (note: I don't know anything about sniping or sniper guns, but I like it)

Ex-Wabber Defense Professional
    We get to pick 3? Okay, I'll take the Barrett M82A1, THe Dakota T-76 in .338 Lapau, and the HS Precision HTR. Can I borrow a few bucks?
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Thats me with my precious Senior Contributor sniperdude411's Avatar
    CheyTac Intervention, HS precision HTR, or the Steyr IWS-2000. Escpecially the last one.
    Now that thing is powerful.

Staff Emeritus
    Mind if i act in the role of amused observer for this thread?

Ex-Wabber Defense Professional
    Lol, Snipe, we all know your favorite!
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Regular
    What's the best Sniper rifle today?
    Whatever a qualified military sniper or experienced civilian sniper competition aficionado has in his hands. It ain't the meat, it's the motion.

Don

Staff Emeritus
    "It ain't the meat, it's the motion."

Heh....cool saying.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by highsea
    Lol, Snipe, we all know your favorite!
    We all know that Snipe has always wanted to use a scoped '03 Springfield and quote Scripture whilst drilling Wehrmacht soldiers between the eyes
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

HKHolic Senior Contributor leib10's Avatar
    God, I hated that movie.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

How could you say that? It was AWESOME. Blood, gore, realisticity, everything was great.
    The one sniper scene is by far my favorite--where the American sniper sees the german sniper; while the german starts to pull the trigger, he gets shot through the scope...
    OUCH

HKHolic Senior Contributor leib10's Avatar
    I just didn't take kindly to it. That sniper scene was a ripoff of Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock's encounter with an NVA sniper in which Hathcock shot the gook in the eye right through the scope. I could rant about this movie, but this isn't the place to do it.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

You mean that ACTUALLY HAPPENED? (not in WWII though)
    Wow.
    I think they made an NCIS about a sniper wannabe who had that same "white feather" singature.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by leibstandarte10
    I just didn't take kindly to it. That sniper scene was a ripoff of Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock's encounter with an NVA sniper in which Hathcock shot the gook in the eye right through the scope. I could rant about this movie, but this isn't the place to do it.

"gook"?
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Staff Emeritus
    "The one sniper scene is by far my favorite--where the American sniper sees the german sniper; while the german starts to pull the trigger, he gets shot through the scope..."

That's actually a true story, but it happened in Vietnam. Carlos Hathcock drilled a VC sniper just miliseconds before the commie dropped the hammer on him.

A Self Important Senior Contributor troung's Avatar
    shot the gook in the eye right through the scope.
    Too fukking bad there is not an icon to give you the finger you jackass....

Thread Information