Best sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sniper rifle

What's the best Sniper rifle today? (In your opinion). I found a great website for sniping, here's sniper rifles http://www.snipercentral.com/rifles.htm

my picks > USMC M40A3 and Parker-Hale M-85 and Patriot Arms Genesis (note: I don't know anything about sniping or sniper guns, but I like it)

We get to pick 3? Okay, I'll take the Barrett M82A1, THe Dakota T-76 in .338 Lapau, and the HS Precision HTR. Can I borrow a few bucks?
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

CheyTac Intervention, HS precision HTR, or the Steyr IWS-2000. Escpecially the last one.
      Now that thing is powerful.

Comment

Mind if i act in the role of amused observer for this thread? ;)

Comment

Lol, Snipe, we all know your favorite!
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

What's the best Sniper rifle today?
            Whatever a qualified military sniper or experienced civilian sniper competition aficionado has in his hands. It ain't the meat, it's the motion.

Don

Comment

"It ain't the meat, it's the motion."

Heh....cool saying.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
                Lol, Snipe, we all know your favorite!
                We all know that Snipe has always wanted to use a scoped '03 Springfield and quote Scripture whilst drilling Wehrmacht soldiers between the eyes ;)
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

God, I hated that movie. ;)
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

How could you say that? It was AWESOME. Blood, gore, realisticity, everything was great.
                    The one sniper scene is by far my favorite--where the American sniper sees the german sniper; while the german starts to pull the trigger, he gets shot through the scope...
                    OUCH

Comment

I just didn't take kindly to it. That sniper scene was a ripoff of Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock's encounter with an NVA sniper in which Hathcock shot the gook in the eye right through the scope. I could rant about this movie, but this isn't the place to do it.
                      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

You mean that ACTUALLY HAPPENED? (not in WWII though)
                        Wow.
                        I think they made an NCIS about a sniper wannabe who had that same "white feather" singature.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                          I just didn't take kindly to it. That sniper scene was a ripoff of Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock's encounter with an NVA sniper in which Hathcock shot the gook in the eye right through the scope. I could rant about this movie, but this isn't the place to do it.

"gook"?
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

"The one sniper scene is by far my favorite--where the American sniper sees the german sniper; while the german starts to pull the trigger, he gets shot through the scope..."

That's actually a true story, but it happened in Vietnam. Carlos Hathcock drilled a VC sniper just miliseconds before the commie dropped the hammer on him.

Comment

shot the gook in the eye right through the scope.
                              Too fukking bad there is not an icon to give you the finger you jackass....
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
                              X