No announcement yet.

Best sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bow to practical experience in the field,although I'd still prefer 2 in the chest- one in the head no matter the weapon(shotguns and SR's excluded,of course).Their chest&head,to be sure
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• by Mihais
      True,but still useless in a non-training environment.
      by BadKharma
      I have used SMG's in non-training enviroments with great effect. You have to remember that every weapon has it's place and use in both military and non-military applications. When it comes to short range controlled firepower the SMG shines.
      I carried a SMG as my primary duty weapon. I often used it at longer ranges than are normally considered "effective" because it was what I had.

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
      ...I'd still prefer 2 in the chest- one in the head no matter the weapon(shotguns and SR's excluded,of course).Their chest&head,to be sure

"Two to the body
      and one to the head
      everytime, leaves 'em dead"
      Last edited by sappersgt; 14 Jan 11,, 02:53.
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Two to the body/chest, one to the head...Takes too long, uses up one more round and two in the wrong area. Unnecessary!

Want to get the job done more quickly and effectively? Do what the lads from Hereford do. Aim for the 'T', double tap to the head, no need to wait around. Job done, nite-nite.

Comment

• Two to the chest one to the Head.............. Mozambique drill. ..........Effective for a sudden action, ie, someone comes around a corner to you unexpected, especially if you only have a handgun......... key shot is the one to the head............ but as unexpected aim for the center of mass....ie body first.
          Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 28 Feb 11,, 21:19.
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            Two to the chest one to the Head.............. Mozambique drill. ..........Effective for a sudden action, ie, someone comes around a corner to you unexpected, especially if you only have a handgun......... key shot is the one to the head............ but as unexpected aim for the center of mass....ie body first.
            Yup always aim at the centre of the observed mass .

Comment

• Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
              I have used SMG's in non-training enviroments with great effect. You have to remember that every weapon has it's place and use in both military and non-military applications. When it comes to short range controlled firepower the SMG shines.
              Yeah, but semi auto shotguns are even better. The only thing that lays down more lead at short range than a semi auto high capacity 12 gauge is a mini gun.

Comment

• Whoa, whoa, whoa! Grenades!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Yeah, but semi auto shotguns are even better. The only thing that lays down more lead at short range than a semi auto high capacity 12 gauge is a mini gun.
                  Oh dont know Bill, I would put 76mm cannister rounds up against them even with a few seconds to reload, also a continual burst from a coaxial 7.62 to add a bit of rhythm and you could stand off a little, get a nice beaten zone..........:Dancing-Banana:
                  sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Grenades!
                    Notice each "Whoa" is a single grenade, all three thrown simultaneously. In the words of my CO, "Never throw one grenade, it might just come back. Two is better as it... invalidates the enemies choice of cover".

(Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                      Notice each "Whoa" is a single grenade, all three thrown simultaneously. In the words of my CO, "Never throw one grenade, it might just come back. Two is better as it... invalidates the enemies choice of cover".

Waiiit. By more than one grenade, do you mean several guys throw a grenade each, or you are trained to throw two yourself AT THE SAME TIME?
                      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• I wouldn't trust myself to throw two grenades at once, my luck i'd end up losing the spoon of the first nade when i was screwing around with the second pin.

GREN-AAAAAAAAAAADE!!!! :D

Comment

• Bill,
                          I was told, or seen a training documentary, that some soldiers in Vietnam rigged their grenades in a way that they could be quickly tore off the vest to which the spoons were attached and multiple grenades could be thrown in rapid succession.

sappersgt,
                          The high-speed low-drag instructors in the States seem to favor a modified Mozambique drill now a days. 5 to the chest, 1 to head or 3 to the chest followed by 1 groin shot and 1 headshot comes to mind.
                          All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                            Waiiit. By more than one grenade, do you mean several guys throw a grenade each, or you are trained to throw two yourself AT THE SAME TIME?
                            That's two or more persons throwing grenades. We practiced it that way. Trying two yourself (YIKES!) would undoubtedly be extremely hazardous to your own (and everyone else's) health. Wow.

Comment

• That's what I thought what you said. Otherwise it sound like a stunt waiting to go horribly wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                                That's what I thought what you said. Otherwise it sound like a stunt waiting to go horribly wrong
                                I've been present when live grenades got dropped in training. People tend to get excited when holding a live grenade. That's why sappers trained for it, the rest of the army did not. That differing doctrine came home when one of mine threw right after I told him to wait on my command. I've had a limp ever since.

You tend to shoot the way you're trained. Some years later I had a chance to shoot at a range with popup targets. I kept putting two rounds in each target, I had to try really hard not to.

Comment

Working...
                                X