fn trilux sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fn trilux sight

With some much FAL experience on theis sight, a question.....with the trilux sight sitting much higher than the iron sights, was any kind of riser used to get a good cheek weld, or was it just mash the eye to the rubber eyepiece?
    Attached Files
    CADPIPE

Dunno about the FAL, but I had an M-16 with an ACOG 4x scope on the carrying handle. The butt had a weird looking cheek-elevator thingie which helped us get our eye into the scope better.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
      With some much FAL experience on theis sight, a question.....with the trilux sight sitting much higher than the iron sights, was any kind of riser used to get a good cheek weld, or was it just mash the eye to the rubber eyepiece?
      I don't have FAL experience, but having used optics of this sort before, you are correct it is mash-the-eyepiece+chin weld.. but its a weld nonetheless even if a bit spotty.
      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Went to the Range Friday, remembered to take the FAL, shot it with the Trilux. First thing was, couldn't shoot it with the Trilux and the earmuffs, lucky I had some foam ones, by the time you get the eye up behind the trilux, you are up against the stock and solid, no Riser or anything needed. It sits higher than the regular sight, but it still works great. Found that I had it zeroed in already, just couldn't remember the last time I shot the FAL with the Trilux on it. I like it and will leave it there, for a while anyway.
        CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
        X