For four long years....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For four long years....

the longest time ever in Parihakaland, I have gone without a motorbike.

Not any more though
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Leibniz

Comment

Happy parihaka, happy happy :)

Leibniz

Comment

Nice!!!! my wife won't let me get one to ride in crazy Dallas!!! :))

Comment

She's a beauty!

Comment

Sweet ride Pari!
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              Happy parihaka, happy happy :)
              Haha, the same bug that bit me bit you!

I was 8 years between bikes.

What is that thing anyway?
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                Haha, the same bug that bit me bit you!

I was 8 years between bikes.

What is that thing anyway?
                It's an Aprilia Moto 6.5, an enduro bike all prettied up for city living. The motor is a rotax 650cc so parts for it are a doddle but as the review I linked to below says, the body parts are made from unobtainium. Just have to try not to drop it.

Philippe Starck Aprilia Moto 6.5 - Classic Motorcycle Profile - RealClassic.co.uk

This particular bike was brought over with fourteen others by the Prada Americas Cup team and sold on when they left. Last owner only rode it twice, he's got five bikes in his garage.

10,600km on the speedo, 1998 manufacture.
                Last edited by Parihaka; 18 Jun 10,, 02:03.

Leibniz

Comment

Very cool. :)
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Nice bike mate......errrr....where's the sidecar for Her Indoors????;)
                    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                      Better yet, where's the side car for you when the highness drives it? :))

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                        Strangely enough, one of the few things that attracted her indoors to me was that she enjoyed riding pillion. Something about a throbbing motor, adrenaline and a man clad in leather...;)

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                          Strangely enough, one of the few things that attracted her indoors to me was that she enjoyed riding pillion. Something about a throbbing motor, adrenaline and a man clad in leather...;)
                          Oh, stop, you're killing me here...I was doing good til' you got to the leather part. The bike is beautiful!

However, what ya going to do if you wreck it ?...uh...I think the parts are just about "unobtainable." Use it for a yard ornament?

Comment

I've seen some newer Aprilias, I have heard they are good bikes. The lines are very artful and flowing. Rotax engines are very proven as well. Nice ride Pari!

Btw, I like your paint scheme much better than the one on the website you posted.
                            Last edited by Blue; 18 Jun 10,, 04:27.

Comment

Nice bike, congrats. Is engine in good condition? Long downtime can damage anything
                              We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Working...
                              X