Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Deadliest Catch' pays tribute to Captain Phil Harris

RIP.

Folks, the DC is the only show on right now that I try to watch on a regular basis and it is hard to say goodbye to capt Harris (those guys are nuts)

(EW.com) -- The Discovery Channel announced today that it will air a series of specials that'll pay tribute to Captain Phil Harris, the beloved star of "Deadliest Catch" who died February 9 after suffering a stroke while off-loading his crab fishing vessel Cornelia Marie in Alaska.

The show will begin addressing the captain's death on June 22 while the July 13 episode "After the Catch" will include a tribute to Harris. Additionally, "Deadliest Catch: Captain Phil Harris Remembered" will bow July 20 and feature one-on-one interviews with fellow captains and Phil's sons, Josh and Jake.

"Captain Phil was a father, fisherman, funny man and, most importantly for fans worldwide, a friend. We celebrate his life and all those he has touched through "Deadliest Catch,'" said Clark Bunting, President and General Manager of Discovery Channel and Science Channel, in a statement. "I wish this would never have been a storyline of the series, but I am proud of the heart and emotion we have worked so hard to put into these very special episodes as a tribute to Phil."
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Very sad to hear the news. His boys have a lot to be proud of. I love the series and thought if anyone deserves their pay it was these guys. Give me the front line every time.

Comment

IMO, Pretty descent show to watch when one has limited time. RIP.
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        Very sad to hear the news. His boys have a lot to be proud of. I love the series and thought if anyone deserves their pay it was these guys. Give me the front line every time.
        Ditto Dave , RIP

Comment

I too enjoy the show, and was impressed by the work he did. He really did live large, and did something few others could do. I celebrate the man, his life was rich and full of adventure, he earned the respect of many. I trust he is fishing with God now.
          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 05 Jul 10,, 16:52.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
          X