A Thread for military or defence career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thread for military or defence career

Can we have a thread for career in military & strategic fields in this Board

With all the military and defense professionals you have on the board I'd say that you probably have an aggregate total of at least 250 years worth of service in all branches from all over the world. Air Force, Navy, Infantry, Armor, Arty, and even the Marines are represented, with civilian defense professionals and contractors as well. If you have any specific questions to ask, you're guaranteed to get an answer, even if that answer is an honest "I don't know". Unfortunately, a broad and general thread on such a vast topic will get you nowhere.

Go ahead, ask away. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by alfa2bravo View Post
      Can we have a thread for career in military & strategic fields in this Board
      I'd say you just created one ;)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Go forth, start asking things you want to know.
        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

I believe I will get good guidance from u guys. Let me give you some detail about myself. I am 29 graduate from India. Though I have a stable job, I want sift to a career that I like. I am thinking of becoming a intelligence analyst. I do not have any degree in military or political studies. Can somebody suggest me how can give a kick start to it?

Comment

Start off: Do you know a second language? Have you done any in depth studies on topics related to intelligence? How much do you know about Islam and Muslims? That's where the party is nowadays, so if you want to get a job, you're going to need to bring something to the table.
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Are you currently residing in India or in another country? If you are in another country are you a citizen of said country. This makes a huge difference when it comes to getting clearances needed to work in intelligence or virtually any defense related field. If you have a degree in any sort of technical specialty I'd suggest looking at the web pages of virtually any major defense contractor such as Raytheon, BAE, or Lockheed Martin. If you do you can likely find an entry level position there and working hard you can quickly move up.

Many positions are also filled by those recently leaving the armed services of the country in question. In some cases I really think that the mid level brain drain on technical specialties within the armed services is actually detrimental as the best leave to make 6 figures and the training is paid for by the military,

Comment

Also I am going to guess based on the phasing of the questions even with the informality of an internet web forum that English is a second tongue. It would probably be helpful if I knew what a 29 graduate was in India? Does it signify something like English A levels, or a specific course of study? Or did I miss something in your post and completely misunderstand what is meant by a 29 graduate?

Comment

Maybe a 29 year old University graduate?

Comment

It is possible Ross. I'm trying to point the guy in the right direction with very limited info. which is part of why I was hoping we could find out more.

Comment

Sorry for creating such a confusion. I am 29 year old man with a bachelor degree in IT.

Comment

Are you currently in India or elsewhere?

Comment

In India currently

Comment

In that case you would contact the ministry of home affairs, look to see what they have available, and submit your resume, test and have your qualifications reviewed. As long as they indeed need people, and you are a qualified college graduate without a record of criminal activity and low security risk you can probably find a position like you are looking for with the IB. I am not particularly familiar with Indian defense contractors but they are also likely at least willing to review the qualifications and give interviews to anyone that expresses interest with a technical degree, and no major criminal file if they are like most other open countries defense industry.

Another option would be to talk to some of the former Indian officers on here and see what they recommend when it comes to going into technical consulting work for the Indian defense industry.

Comment

I heard US defense contractors recruit Intelligence analyst. Is there a way I can get such job.

Comment

Working...
                              X