Officer of Engineers stepping down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
    Colonel,where do I start?You more than anyone else on the board have had an influence on the way I perceive the world,politics,military matters and life in general.Your wit and wisdom make the WAB a better place.Your service as a moderator has been exemplary to say the least.The combination of toughness and your sense of fair play is a model for the rest of us to do our best to emulate.I will miss having you as a moderator but at the same time I am grateful that you will still be here as a revered member of our community.I as much as anyone understand when life gets in the way.I salute you sir,for your service to your country,to the WAB as a moderator and I sincerely thank you for the positive influence you have had on me as a person.
    As usual you express things sooner and much better than I can, so I'll just add ditto. OoE was the reason I stuck around here at the beginning, and he's the best teacher I've ever had.

As regards everyone else thinking he no longer carries a big stick, just remember he has my ear. SWSNBN posts will still be frowned upon;)
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Thankyou, Colonel for the fine job you've done as a mod over the years and thankyou especially for being a good sport wrt to SWSNBN. :)

I still hope you keep posting here on WAB because although I rarely mention it, it's been a privilege and one hell of a learning experince to read your posts wrt NATO and and especially China.

Thankyou.

Jason

Comment

YellowFever Reply

"...it's been a privilege and one hell of a learning experince to read your posts wrt NATO and and especially China."

Ain't that the truth...:)
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Hmmm OOE, Stepping down? Celine Dion pregnant with twins? Both being from Canada? Hmmmmm, ofcoase with all due repect Colonel Sir, 1+1 does indeed equal two. I'd demand to see the Paternity tests!.

Quick, get them both on the "no fly" list and make sure the two of them arent making some mad dash for China and some cozy love nest in the hills.:));)

INCOMING!;):))
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 31 May 10,, 07:11.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
            "...it's been a privilege and one hell of a learning experince to read your posts wrt NATO and and especially China."

Ain't that the truth...:)
            In full agreement there!
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Colonel Sir,

I am willing to present myself fully dressed at your dining table, if that can make you change your mind.

Hope you keep chewing the "gullibles" even while not moderating.
              You are just too Good not to missed. My sincerest regards Sir.
              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Sir,

Thank you for making WAB a place where a poor fool like myself can do some learnin'

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post

As regards everyone else thinking he no longer carries a big stick, just remember he has my ear. SWSNBN posts will still be frowned upon;)
                  Guess we will have to change to "The Kiwi Version of SWSNBN"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Aww, c'mon!

We could've asked some of the other mods to impose stop-loss, but I guess that's not an option :P

Thanks for your time here as moderator. Hopefully you will continue to contribute your wisdom and experience to the WAB :)

Comment

Why are you guys kissing my ass now that I'm no longer a mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        They are just setting you up for later. ;)

Glad you are sticking around Col. You're the reason I first came to the board. :)

Comment

Old habits die hard
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Because now you're one of them...I mean one of us...uh...dammit...you know what I mean.

Comment

OoE Reply

Colonel,

"Why are you guys kissing my ass now that I'm no longer a mod?"

Uhh...because you're still a colonel and colonels are scary people.
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Proof that its respect of the person, not the rank in your case.

Comment

Working...
                                X