2010 State of Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 State of Origin

For all the non-Aussies on WAB, the State of Origin is a yearly best-of-3 series of Rugby League games between the New South Wales Blues (Cockroaches) and Queensland Maroons (Cane Toads). The game is called State of Origin because players are selected to represent the state in which they played their first senior football. Some players live in NSW and play for Queensland and vice versa.

Queensland has taken the series the past 4 years, from 2006-2009 and just beat the Blues in game one of the 2010 Origin 28-24.

Having spent a long time in Queensland just when I was learning to appreciate Rugby, I've become a Maroons fan and I'm hoping my boys take it this year as well, matching their own record for longest winning streak.

Good on ya, boys!
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

I go for the blues but as long as there is no display like that of Qld after the last game last year I don't care who wins.

Comment

It wasn't just QLD that were misbehaving, you forget that Price had been knocked out by NSW dirty playing and Waterhouse got sent off. Yes, things did get a bit unruly, but it was just as much NSW's fault as QLD's

Last edited by bigross86; 26 May 10,, 14:15.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        For all the non-Aussies on WAB, the State of Origin is a yearly best-of-3 series of Rugby League games between the New South Wales Blues (Cockroaches) and Queensland Maroons (Cane Toads). The game is called State of Origin because players are selected to represent the state in which they played their first senior football. Some players live in NSW and play for Queensland and vice versa.

Queensland has taken the series the past 4 years, from 2006-2009 and just beat the Blues in game one of the 2010 Origin 28-24.

Having spent a long time in Queensland just when I was learning to appreciate Rugby, I've become a Maroons fan and I'm hoping my boys take it this year as well, matching their own record for longest winning streak.

Good on ya, boys!
        How did you get the match result mate?

As far as tonights game NSW was lucky to get within 4 points. The sloppy weather and heavy ground turned the game into a bit of an arm wrestle. Still the Maroons were the better side and will probably clinch the series in Brisbane.

Comment

The reality is that in the State of Origin violence is part of the spectical and is tacitly encouraged. Whether or not it is right is another matter, but anybody who tries to make out that it is poor form by the opposing team because their team was on the losing side last time is just a poor loser, because both sides do it.
          "There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

Originally posted by StevoJH View Post
            I go for the blues but as long as there is no display like that of Qld after the last game last year I don't care who wins.
            I tell you what it worked both ways, though Hodges(QLD) should have been sent off.

As far as Creagh's send off, he should have also been charged with cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by pennsy View Post
              How did you get the match result mate?

As far as tonights game NSW was lucky to get within 4 points. The sloppy weather and heavy ground turned the game into a bit of an arm wrestle. Still the Maroons were the better side and will probably clinch the series in Brisbane.
              I streamed the whole thing and watched it live. I was a bit worried when the Blues scored first, but the Maroons quickly started getting to business. The last 10 minutes were also pretty scary, the Blues getting really close a couple of times.

Game 2 is only 3 weeks away, Game 3 on July 7. My favorite team in Rugby Union, the All Blacks, open their season vs Ireland on June 12 And then open the Tri-Nations on July 10. It's going to be a good rugby year, I can feel it.

Comment

You must be desperate for entertainment BigRoss if you like watching UNION. I'd rather eat raw snails.

Comment

I wasnt talking about during the game, I was talking about post game with Qld's little sulk about not winning three games straight.

Comment

You kidding me? I love Union. Matter of fact, I prefer it over League. Union is just so much more legal violence, and none of this 6 tackles crap. In Union they beat you until you're dead, then get up and do it all over again. I'm getting tingles and shivers...

Comment

You kidding me? I love Union. Matter of fact, I prefer it over League. Union is just so much more legal violence, and none of this 6 tackles crap. In Union they beat you until you're dead, then get up and do it all over again. I'm getting tingles and shivers...
                      At least they have real scrums in Union.....

Comment

I wasnt talking about during the game, I was talking about post game with Qld's little sulk about not winning three games straight.
                        Nothing wrong with that, it had been nearly 15 years since QLD swept the Origin, and nearly a decade since NSW swept it. I'm pretty sure I'd get bummed too if I had a chance to sweep an annual event for the first time in 15 years and came up short.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that, it had been nearly 15 years since QLD swept the Origin, and nearly a decade since NSW swept it. I'm pretty sure I'd get bummed too if I had a chance to sweep an annual event for the first time in 15 years and came up short.
                          Doesnt make it any less bad sportsmenship though, especially when they have just won the series and expressing it so clearly and obviously over national TV.

Comment

The All Blacks might beat the crap out of their opposition, but the Wallabies wave the white flag.

Union is like trench warfare, grind, grind, grind followed by kick, kick, kick and just occasionaly you might get a backline move.

League is faster with more explosive play, but should be allowed more elgalized violence.;)

Comment

Doesnt make it any less bad sportsmenship though, especially when they have just won the series and expressing it so clearly and obviously over national TV.
                              Let you in, on a little secret Steve. The NRL administration loved it. It was the best publicity for this years series.

Comment

Working...
                              X