No announcement yet.

Best (mostly) instrumental songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guess I'm stuck on musically themed threads, but what are your favorite instrumental (or mostly instrumental) songs?

*IMO, You would need to define what era. Yes many rock bands, Mellencamp, Allman Bros. Clapton, Satriani, Hendrix etc were some awesome instrumentals but not one of them could compare with the likes of say Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey or others in the days of the Big Band Era. I'm pretty sure that any man or women here on the WAB that grew up in a military veteran household or civilian of the era knows exactly what Im talking about. And any soldier that ever attended a dance would as well.;)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Funny, we never had official dances when I was in the IDF... Then again, if you'd have seen some of the ladies we had in our HQ unit, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing...
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        Funny, we never had official dances when I was in the IDF... Then again, if you'd have seen some of the ladies we had in our HQ unit, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing...
        Ive encountered quite a few Israeli women, cant say I have seen a bad looking one yet, especially here in the America's on summer/work visa.:))
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

You've only seen a select few. I'll admit, we do have more than our fair share of pretty ladies, but there are some pretty fugly ones too. The problem is, most of the pretty ones go to the Air Force and Intelligence. We in the Armored Corps were lucky to get one or two pretty ladies in a group of a dozen or more
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
            I'm a little more mainstream than you guys; I'm gonna nominate "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai:

With you there!! I think anything Steve Vai qualifies. I'm definitely a fan of his. Little known fact, he played both of the guitar parts at the end of the movie Crossroads.

One of the best guitar guys IMO.

Comment

And guess who taught him? The almighty Satch

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                I'm a little more mainstream than you guys; I'm gonna nominate "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai:

Great track.

(you might want to check out how to embed youtube vids - there is a thread on it somewhere. It is easy once you get the hang of it:) )
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Great track.

(you might want to check out how to embed youtube vids - there is a thread on it somewhere. It is easy once you get the hang of it:) )
                  Thanks. I "embedded" it at work (or didn't embed it, depending on how you look at it!) where I don't technically have access to Youtube, so it was a "blind" post; I guess it didn't turn out so well!
                  "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Of course I am not able to do the embedding or anything as sophisitcated as that but:

Hell On The Wabash by any respectable Fife and Drum Corps

Highland Laddie by any respectable Pipe and Drum Band

Soldiers Joy by Mark O'Connor from the soundtrack of Liberty

In the mostly category FREEBIRD!!!!!!
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X