A boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A boy

Hey guys for those interested, my second child and first son was born 2 days ago. Home birth, 9lb 6oz in old money, mother used no pain killers and is rightfully extremely proud of herself, bless her. Haven't decided on use name yet though we're leaning toward Hector, second and third names Robert James for grand and great-grandfathers. My mother says he's got bigger feet and hands than I did which apparently indicates grown size, so if he's gonna be bigger than me he'll be 6ft 2inches or taller. He's got dark skin like me rather than fair like his sister/mother and you can hear him yelling from a 100 metres down the road.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Congrats!

Comment

Great news! Congratulations :)

Comment

Congratulations!! God Bless!

Comment

Smoke the cigar, man, smoke the cigar.

Comment

superb, jolly well done - to your wife. if you are like me your contribution ended with a "hngaaaar! i won, i won!" followed by the sound of snoring.

have you thought of 'Dave' as a name? very classy you know... ;)
            before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel
              superb, jolly well done - to your wife. if you are like me your contribution ended with a "hngaaaar! i won, i won!" followed by the sound of snoring.

have you thought of 'Dave' as a name? very classy you know... ;)
              VERY happy for you.

Although your goal can be simply stated, it's awfully hard to accomplish:
              "Raise up your children with the object being to be better than yourself, and thereby improve the world."

Well, Dad, you've got your work cut out for you. ;)

Comment

Congratulations! We'll pray for him and your family here.

Comment

Happy for you buddy. :) Give the family my love.
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Well done! Hear, hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                      VERY happy for you.

Although your goal can be simply stated, it's awfully hard to accomplish:
                      "Raise up your children with the object being to be better than yourself, and thereby improve the world."

Well, Dad, you've got your work cut out for you. ;)
                      I think we have the same ancestors. I was raised by my parents with this 'simple' belief: "your children should be better off than you are".
                      Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, OoE the cigar will have to wait til September, me and a couple of the boys are headed for the hills with a bottle or two of Glenfiddich and hellraising on our minds, up til then it's all about keeping my better half happy.
                      Originally posted by Confed999
                      Happy for you buddy. Give the family my love.
                      Will do my friend.

Leibniz

Comment

so, a candidate for the All Blacks 2nd row? Or will he just make it to the NPC? :)
                        SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Parihaka,

Congrats to you both the second time!

Also a hug to the first child and a pat to the second.
                          Last edited by Ray; 04 May 05,, 04:56.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ziska
                            so, a candidate for the All Blacks 2nd row? Or will he just make it to the NPC? :)
                            I think he'll make a good lock

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              Parihaka,

Congrats to you both the second time!

Also a hug to the first child and a pat to the second.
                              :)

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X