Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NETFIRES (AKA Rocket in a Box) Cancelled....almost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NETFIRES (AKA Rocket in a Box) Cancelled....almost.

Looks like one of the few remaing "appendages" of the monstrous procurement fiasco that was FCS is for the chop. After a recent test in which only 2 out of 6 missiles hit teh target teh Army is recommending cancellation.

Linke to Army times article: Army asks to cancel NLOS-LS - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

To me this isnt a big deal, it was going to be one of those "Nice to have/Neat Options". But it certainly was not a 'Need to have". Never before has teh maneuover commander had such an array of Precision Guided Munitions at HIS CONTROL, Excalibur, GMLRS, ATACMS and VERY VERY shortly the Precision GUidance Kit for his 155mm and the 120mm Mortar Guided Rounds.

I think this is a bigger issue for the Navy who were planning on slapping these onto their LCS.

Regards

Arty
    "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

What do you mean it was a failure!?!??!?!?

All six rounds hit the ground!!!:))
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

What's plan B for arming LCS then, some E-1 holding a bottle rocket?
      F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
        What's plan B for arming LCS then, some E-1 holding a bottle rocket?
        Plan B is a "Stern talking to" via teh ships lound hailer!!!!!

Seriously though I have no idea. Maybe teh Navy will have enough pull to keep the program alive, as for them it apears to be a NEED TO HAVE.

Regards

Arty
        "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Hopefully something with a little longer range than 25 miles and with a little more pop!

Comment

Working...
          X